Saturday Oct 14th Last trip of the year.
Fished with Cat Jerry Playing Hooky.
Truly blessed to get 20 trips on this beautiful fishery. We set up on the fence close to the pack. Capt Gary was there on Angel Eyes and gave us a heads up that they were biting on a previously marked spot from last weekend when we limited out both days.
Bite was strong most of the morning but by 11 they has slowed way down. we used Emeralds and Skipper 9 version 3 hook inline. On the bottom and do not move it or they would not hit. Winds were good early and then laid down flat. The smaller the bait the faster the bite been that way all year for us. They would not even look at cut minnows. Very weird one day they will only eat them next day they wont even smell them.
The fish this weekend were much smaller than last weekend. we threw back several for next year. We also caught a couple 6 inch walleye so the future continues to be bright for this lake. 115 keepers 32 pounds at Curlies. By the way enjoy your retirement Curly.
2017 has been a true learning season for me. I have met so many Captains and true fishermen the past 8 months what and Honor. There are several on this Site that have allowed me countless hours of dreaming about fishing and tellin Lies (I mean fishing stories)
Capt Juls i have not met Yet but i feel like i am in the Boat with Her every time i read her post from her trips.Great Job Capt.

Sunday trip is canceled due to weather so i will see you in April unless we get some Ice and then its off to learn something new and exciting.God Bless and Stay Safe out there.