dive curve for 20 back 2oz weight dive curve for 20 back 2oz weight dive curve for 20 back 2oz weight dive curve for 20 back 2oz weight
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Prkr314 View Post
    The big question is...unless your fishing in more than 40fow, why are you even running snap weights with Bandits?
    because i don't want to run a bunch of line out if i don't have to. also someone gave me the system and i'm just curious how deep i'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel_Deal View Post
    because i don't want to run a bunch of line out if i don't have to. also someone gave me the system and i'm just curious how deep i'm at.
    I agree, I used weights alot. I'm lazy, I rather bring in 100ft of line vs 300+ ft of line.
    Here is an easy way to get/find what line out you want/need. With YOUR boat/set up (rods, line type/size etc) at the speed you want to troll. Attach a 2 or 3 oz weight to your main line. Thumb lightly on spool, let out line till you touch bottom. Check that lineout number. As your diving bait will dive around 6 ft deeper on average using the 20ft to snap weight. So know you know your max lineout. Divide how many rods/lines into the depth of water, and you can cover the water column. After one day doing this, you should have a darn good idea on the numbers to use as your base numbers/lineout. If that makes sense.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

What if you are using 2oz-3oz inline 6' leader?

Quote Originally Posted by wajski View Post
    What if you are using 2oz-3oz inline 6' leader?
    You can use deep diving baits, but they won't run/action as designed. Using weights with a 6ft leader, use the same brand/colors as your deep divers just get the shallow divers. They work great! Any depth you want. And doesn't typically affect the lure's action. Not much tuning of lures is required either. And the top colors typically are not sold out as most everyone only buys the deep divers.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Thanks ebjack