Dipsy vs jets Dipsy vs jets Dipsy vs jets Dipsy vs jets
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dipsy vs jets

If new to trolling,need to decide how many people will be fishing on your boat so can decide how many lines you will be using.If got 3 or less people(6 rods) I think easier to use the inline boards.If got more than 3 people and want to use more than 6 rods, the big boards work better.The tru trips work best with braid line on the big boards.If using inline boards, want to use monofilament line.You can use dipsey with both inline or big boards,but you want to use braid with your dipseys.Sometimes the dipseys will outfish the trutrips or tadpoles.The dipseys were working really well in August when fish deeper and water had warmed up.Think the water that is disturbed around the dipsey attracts the fish and they can outfish the boards.We use harnesses most the time once the crankbait bite ends.We switched over to the #2 tadpoles several years ago and really like them.Yes, the tadpoles can snag the bottom if it is rocky when putting out a board or turning.Its just not the depth you running the tadpoles,but the bottom.If you got a muddy or sandy bottom,you can bounce or drag on the bottom with a sinker/tadpole and trigger a bite.I have used the tru trip 40 on our inline boards,but had to use extra rubberbands to keep flags up.I think they pull too hard on my inline boards.I bought some trutrip 30 this year but have not used yet.Plan on using if trolling on shallower rocky reefs with my harnesses.Good luck trolling.Its a learning curve.Next year should be fantastic fishing with both 2014 and 15 class fish in the lake.

I went to lite bite slide divers. they are the best diver I've found. in rough water or when catching small fish is when they really shine. I just use them like a dipsy and don't use the slide part of the diver. I just attach the front then use about a 7' leader and tie it to an o ring then lace it through the back of the diver going through the lite bite arm. I set the front adjustment as tight as I need to to keep the diver from tripping. then I set the lite bite arm as lite as it will go. then the lite bite arm will trip the diver on even the smaller fish. ours was tripping on small white perch most of the time. and even with the lite bite arm set loose we still don't have any problems with hookups. I started with dipsy divers then changed to the deeper divers but the lite bite is far and beyond the best. I always use braided line for using all the divers above.
    Last edited by sherman51; 10-11-2017 at 11:37 AM.