Should I stay or should I go Should I stay or should I go Should I stay or should I go Should I stay or should I go
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Should I stay or should I go

Mother Nature has shot me down again. I live 3 hours away and forecast looked good until last minute. Does the blow effect the perch will they feed in dirty water. I know it changes the walleye but not sure about the perch. Should I cut my losses and head back home. My son is coming up tomorrow afternoon as it is supposed to lay down and fish tomorrow night and Sunday. I don't want to waste his time and mine if we are fighting a losing battle. Opinions?

IMO it's not gonna blo long enough to muddy it up.Sunday is supposed to be beautiful. I say go for it. If u don't catch fish u will be spending quality time with your son.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Its a 2.5 hour drive for me and I'm Heading up in the morning. I don't think it's going to be too bad with 1-3 ft waves tomorrow subsiding to 1-2 in the afternoon. I agree with Fishing Addiction.....go for it! Just play that cats in the cradle song and it will tell you what you should do. Lol

Eyecrazy I tried to pm you but your box is full. I think I'm gonna head out around green island. If you want to share info pm me and I'll shoot you my number. As for the quality time with my son. He never lets me forget. Remember when we went jigging on the head boat and everyone caught fish but us. Lol. Learned a lot since then.

Ditto I have 2.5 hour drive and I'm heaning up in the am hoping the afternoon will be good enough. Sunday looks great but i have a short time limit as a have to get back home for family obligations. I don't need a limit but if i can go home with some fish, it will be worth it. Want to go for walley sat and perch sun am. Best of luck to all of us!

Rick perching is hot we have got 390 perch in 3 days this week south of monument pm me if you want to share info oh get emeralds

Hey Rick, sorry I didn't see your message until this evening. I went out this morning and tucked in the South side of Kelly's trying to stay out of the wind and tried to get some perch going. It's hard to catch perch if you can't get your anchor to hold. I got tired of that and decided to head out in the waves to try some walleye east of Kelly's. Waves were easy 5-6 footers with some occasional 10 ft swells. They were spaced out pretty good so we rode the waves at an angle but only managed to catch 4 walleye. The waves finally let up around 5:30 and by 6:30 the were probably 1-2's. It looks like the lake should be pretty calm tonight so maybe by morning the walleye and perch will be feeding again. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Give me a shout on 79 if you are in the Kelly's area.

8 in the box. I short. Yesterday. Lee side of Kelleys. Laid down pretty good by evening.

Eyecrazy
    Did you do any good over by Kelly's. I fished beside south bass Saturday afternoon picked up 16. Slow bite. Went out Sunday by d can and got 9 moved a few times couldn't get a bite going. It was a nice day though.
    Last edited by rick2752; 10-01-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Rick, it was slow going on the walleye east of Kelly's this morning. Fished form 9 to 12 and only had 1 walleye. Was just getting ready to go perching when a buddy of mine told me to move further east. We ended up with 10 before we needed to head back to the dock at 3:00. It was a beautiful day on the lake though!