Had a blast this week staying at Lakeside and fishing Lake Erie's unusually calm waters every day from 9/18-9/22.

Golden shiners on #6 wire hooks and plain spreaders worked fine for me. Schools in deeper water 40-45 feet were best.
NW corner of Kelly's and a mile north or south of Lucy's point. The secret to limiting out on perch turned out to be laziness.
Bait that spreader and let it lay on the bottom with slack line for a few minutes. Lift up gently and there was a perch or two most of the time. Running two rods kept me busy and grinning.

Switched over to walleye fishing two of the days. Picked up some troopers trolling bandits around the east side of the dumping ground just off Marblehead Lighthouse. 1oz inline sinker and 50 back off planer boards. Fire Tiger and Pink with Black Spots. 2.75mph by GPS.

The bigger story was 8.5 miles north of Cedar point in 45 feet of water. I found bait balls on the sonar from 35-45 feet down and also bigger sonar arches near the bottom that were active walleye. Fished them with dipseys and stinger spoons for hot action. #3 setting on the dipsey and 130 out. Copper finish full size stingers with pink and blue or pink and green stripes. 2.75mph by GPS. Nice mix of fish 15,16,17,20 and 24 inches. Yes, I only kept six.

Many thanks to all the experts and regular guys that contribute to this blog. I had the right equipment and the right methods this week because of what I learned here over the last couple of years.

Glad the walleyes are moving back from the East now. Tight lines everyone!

Ken