new to fall walleye fishing new to fall walleye fishing new to fall walleye fishing new to fall walleye fishing

Default new to fall walleye fishing

this will be my first time fishing for walleye in the fall. (this has been my first year on erie period) what should i be expecting? is it going to be like the spring? will they come back in over towards k can and the reefs and closer to the islands? bandits instead of harnesses? i have not had very good luck the past 4 week's i've gone out. only managed 2 to 4 fish every time. going to the same places i was doing well in the earlier part of summer and even trying newer places. any advice will be appreciated. i need to get out of this slump. i just ordered some huff daddy chromes, pink panties, wonderbread, and a few other custom bandits. also does anyone pull bandits behind jets and dipseys? i've heard of it just never tried it yet.

thanks for all the help

Well, I havent been on the lake for three weeks, its killing me... we fish erie pa, deeper water than the islands, lots of fish here now.... fish the trenches... we pull bandits behind lead core or just drop wt. reef runners do good also...dippsys run spoons or renowskis,
    good luck.. fishing is better than working...
    Rick

If you trailer your boat, you can go further and further East as the summer progresses. I have trouble catching walleye West of Kelly's past the 4th of July. There are plenty of people who know how to fish the resident fish in the western basin. I have not been successful with that. We have had better success fishing for walleye out of Lorain and Ashtabula later in the Summer. I still am a beginner and I've found it easier to catch later season walleye out of these locations. I've also found the bait stores out East are more helpful with giving you an idea where to fish than the western basin shops I visit. The bait shops in the Western basin never seem to want to give much information while the bait shops in Lorain and Ashtabula always have a grid marked with the areas people are having success. That alone has really helped me out.

Quote Originally Posted by dgf2250 View Post
    If you trailer your boat, you can go further and further East as the summer progresses. I have trouble catching walleye West of Kelly's past the 4th of July. There are plenty of people who know how to fish the resident fish in the western basin. I have not been successful with that. We have had better success fishing for walleye out of Lorain and Ashtabula later in the Summer. I still am a beginner and I've found it easier to catch later season walleye out of these locations. I've also found the bait stores out East are more helpful with giving you an idea where to fish than the western basin shops I visit. The bait shops in the Western basin never seem to want to give much information while the bait shops in Lorain and Ashtabula always have a grid marked with the areas people are having success. That alone has really helped me out.
    I have a base location in marblehead but i haven't used my rack storage since about june. won't be reupping that this following year. i moved east as the year went on and found greater success. lorain is about as far east as i want to go. can't wait for the fish to come back west. as for the bait shops i found the same thing. farther east you go the better the tips. some places even print maps off for you. that's the customer service that keeps me coming back. i'm in ashland so i'm pretty central to everything. took the weekend off now ready to go get into some perch then back to the eyes.