first fall walleye fishing first fall walleye fishing first fall walleye fishing first fall walleye fishing

Default first fall walleye fishing

this will be my first time fishing for walleye in the fall. (this has been my first year on erie period) what should i be expecting? is it going to be like the spring? will they come back in over towards k can and the reefs and closer to the islands? bandits instead of harnesses? i have not had very good luck the past 4 week's i've gone out. only managed 2 to 4 fish every time. going to the same places i was doing well in the earlier part of summer and even trying newer places. any advice will be appreciated. i need to get out of this slump. i just ordered some huff daddy chromes, pink panties, wonderbread, and a few other custom bandits. also does anyone pull bandits behind jets and dipseys? i've heard of it just never tried it yet.

thanks for all the help

the later it gets the better it gets...as for lures...bandits ,reef runners, deep # 12 husky jerks, smithwick p 10's...all will work at different times...buy stock colors also...don't know which colors will be best at this point...watch reports here and ohio game fishing site...no jets or dipseys needed with these baits...may need inline weights of 1-2 oz depending how deep the fish are...fish will be around the reefs, the islands and huron...the colder the water gets the slower the speed...over 2 mph now to down to 1.0 mph...follow reports and you'll get plenty of info.

Reel deal,dont feel bad about only catching 2-4 walleye per trip recently.It is not a slump,when the water warms in August and September are the slowest months to catch eyes.The fish go deep or migrate east and get lethargic.Most people do not troll a crankbait off another diving apparatus,like a dipsey unless it is shallow diving and has a small lip.The harnesses will still catch fish, the crankbaits usually will catch more once water gets below 50 degrees.We switched over to bandits near end of October last year.The fall walleye bite could be defined as how the walleye fishing improves as the water cools,Typically,as the water cools the fish become more active,move into shallower water and migrate west.Guys will cast for them on the rocky reefs in October and November.Difference than the early jig bite,is that the fishing gets better on reefs east of bass islands in the fall.In the spring,the bite gets better around reef complex and especially near Besse or A can.The fish are also moving west in fall and eventually they stage off Huron for the winter.We got nice limit off Huron, mid November last year.Wild card this fall will be all the 2015 fish reaching legal length.Most of the guys switch over to perch during the slow August and September months anyway.