Bugs Bugs Bugs Bugs

Thread: Bugs

Default Bugs

Tried fishing today just out of turtle creek and bugs were horrible. Tried to move but I think the ones on our boat wouldn't fly off so they bothered us on the move too. Any way of dealing with these things. Your skin is crawling and they like to get in your mouth making fishing about impossible

Hope the wind picks up... That's all I can think of. Bug spray doesn't seem to deter them.

I've put shiny new pennies in ziploc baggie full of wAter and hung them from my rocket launcher. For some reason it seems to work.

I will have to try that Troy. Those things are bad and in swarms of thousands and for some reason they like crawling in your mouth and up your shorts

We had no bugs at all sat. Wonder if they flew in or ca me from the water? Wonder if this could be what the perch have been filling up on making them hard to get?

We saw lots of clumps of marks that were balls or masses averaging about 10ft up yesterday. Out in front of Huron and to east of kellies. I assumed they were some bait fish cause we had arches under them. Wonder if that could be what we were seeing

I bought a head net on amazon. Not one of the 2 dollar ones, the reviews were terrible for them. I think I paid about 12-14 bucks for it. It does the trick when they are in swarms like that. Not sure if they make one for your whole body. Lol

no bugs around kellys sunday but we did mark lots of balls at the same depth mentioned. I believe its a insect hatch adn thats the reason the fishing is so slow. We didnt even catch sheephead yesterday

We pulled 15 walleye in front of Huron then 10 more on the east side of Kellies sat after we tried for perch for a few hrs. So there is still fish there to get.