Perch Report Perch Report Perch Report Perch Report
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perch Report

Default Perch Report

4 man limit from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. 38 lbs of live weight at Port Clinton Fish House. We were 3 miles north of the Portage River in 21 fow. Spreaders and crappie rigs with no bling. We did not throw no throw backs in (small perch) . It was a average of 9 inch perch. Had very few junk fish. It was a nice day on the lake.

Great job sweet 6. I would have guessed that it looked like chocolate milk after the big blow Friday evening and Saturday.

Default Great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet 6 View Post
    4 man limit from 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. 38 lbs of live weight at Port Clinton Fish House. We were 3 miles north of the Portage River in 21 fow. Spreaders and crappie rigs with no bling. We did not throw no throw backs in (small perch) . It was a average of 9 inch perch. Had very few junk fish. It was a nice day on the lake.
    We're you near the jet express ferry route?

Water was clean north of d. Ended up with 52 for 20 lbs. Slow day with 5-8 fish flurries mixed in when a small group drove by. But we had a nice grade of fish. Some shorts put back, some farm fish. But a nice day to be out

The water clarity was not to bad . It was a little stained but not to bad. We were west of the ferry route about 2 miles.

A slow day today 4 of us fishing and only caught 30 perch. We fished from 7:15 am to 1:30 pm just 3 miles north of the Portage River in 21 fow. Started out doing pretty good had 18 perch by 9 am and the perch shut down. So we moved to the outside of the pack of boats to see if it would be a little better and get away from the boat traffic . Took the fish to the fish house in Port Clinton and the 30 perch weighed in just under 9 lbs ( 8.75 lbs). Had a good quality of fish today just not the quantity.

Tough day for us too sweet6. Fished mostly South of Kelly's, tried for a bit north of American eagle shoal. Finished back South of Kelly's. 32 total , four of us. Decent quality, lots of 10s. Cleaned at home, no weight value.

Son and I got 38 at B. Nice fish. We were the first boat there and I think the last to leave. 630 to 1230. Never moved. Guy at the bait store asked me how many small throw back perch we've caught this year. Thinking about it I said none. He said that is something to think about for future perch fishing.

Default Better'n last time

If "just retired" was first boat, we must have been second. Arrived B can about 8:30. Saw only one other boat. "Not good", I thought! Idled around and found what looked like pretty good marks. Dropped anchor east of can and buddy had three in boat before I could get my rod untangled and baited! Had a flurry and then it quit. Every time we were about to move, would hit a couple of nice ones. Ended up sat right there till 2:00. It was spurts. Nothing and then a 4 or 5 fish flurry. One time had one on all four poles at once. Finished with 33 for two of us.

Very uniform grade of nice sized eaters! No monsters but never threw even one back and didn't have anything less than 8.25 inch. The 33 went 11 pounds at the cleaners.

Mostly goldies but mixed in some salted emeralds. Didn't matter. Real good marks all day. Very light bite.

2 man limit from 8 am to 2 pm . 60 perch weighed in at Port Clinton fish house at 19 lbs. We were 3 miles north west of Portage River. 21 fout of water. They were right on the bottom and a soft bite. A crappie rig caught 2/3 of them. We were all by our self. Caught a few trash fish and threw back 1 small perch.