Where 'd the perch go? Where 'd the perch go? Where 'd the perch go? Where 'd the perch go?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where 'd the perch go?

After 3 weeks of easy limits around the intake/Wards area all of a sudden the last couple days were a struggle.

They were not around Kelley's island in any number today.

Nor A nor B. Left dock at 8 for large pack at A. By about 11:30 we had all of 2 perch from a total of 3 bites. Watched people leave A for B. People from B came into A. From radio Wards and intake and B and A all not doing anything. Finally got a bite going SW of A in shallower water about 1:30 when wind picked up. But it was a short lived burst. Finished with maybe 25 for two guys. Bummer considering I had a friend all the way from New York that I wanted to put into some fish. Ironic thing was that we had good marks everywhere we tried

I think their belly's are full. Plenty of something making them happier than Goldie's.

saw some mich reports same results...very few anywhere...

Six of us fished near kelley,s yesterday. Fished for six hours. Only managed to keep 36. Also caught half a dozen sheephead. The folks with me had not been on lake Erie for years. More often than not, when I ask them to check their bait , it was gone. Slow bite to say the least, but we really should have boated a lot more than we did. Boat neighbor fished near rattlesnake, caught Zero. On the bright side. The weather was boater friendly . The Nan Sea Lee.

Had a friend's boat catch as many perch yesterday (13) while casting for walleye, as some of us did perchin....go figure... I could have gone all morning with the same 3 minnows on my rig if I hadn't changed them out once in a while just to freshen them up! I'm far from a novice at catching perch. You are right Figment - perfect weather...small but adequate chop, decent breeze, not hot, no bugs. Just no one told the fish....
    Last edited by LEfriend; 07-27-2017 at 08:11 PM.

Talk to a guy here in Mansfield that said the 2 of them got 60 tuesday. 9 pounds after cleaning. I know he left from catawba, not sure where he went though, I would guess somewhere west of the bass islands or he would had launched from mazuik. He is not the kind of person to fib about anything. Wish I knew where he went, but it's not like this weekend will comfortably allow to much fishing if the winds hold true.

Been getting limits 22 fow out of Metzger's marsh

whens the last time you were there they were there cant find them there now im waiting on them to take off kids go back to school on the 16th hope they turn on by then or ill play the blues on the radio