lorain/vermilion lorain/vermilion lorain/vermilion lorain/vermilion

Default lorain/vermilion

any solid reports from lorain? been hanging out in huron but the bite has slowed down considerably. looking to move east. wondering if anyone has heard of anything from vermilion to lorain.

thanks

My brother and I fished Sunday out of Lorain with two friends. First two hours we went out deep (8 miles out or so) couldn't hook a walleye. Around 8am we got into a school in the 45 ft of depth area. Caught 17 keepers and threw back around 30. Most of the fish were in the bottom third of the water column 30-35 ft down. We trolled cranks and spoons with the spoons taking the majority of the keepers but the cranks taking significantly larger fish. Color did seem to matter as the purples outshined any other color by a landslide. Had to head in around 11 with the two friends getting seasick and getting progressively worse the longer we were out. All in all a good day though!

thanks for the info. what launch did you go out of? i think it's hotheads that i go out of. just right off rt 6. did you go out past the dumping grounds? i've fished out there before but had better luck just right outside the break wall. i'm going to try bandits and smithwicks this weekend. see how that goes for me. what cranks were you trolling? i have a couple michigan stingers but nothing in purple. what size spoons?

thanks for the info. i appreciate it

We went out of hot heads. We were pulling bandits and Michigan stingers. Both the regular size and the larger size spoons but the larger spoons for some reason were much better for us. We were about two miles north of the break wall and a couple miles east is where we did the best