Walnut Creek on 7/18 Walnut Creek on 7/18 Walnut Creek on 7/18 Walnut Creek on 7/18

Default Walnut Creek on 7/18

Caught over 40 walleye total. Left with 11 keepers. All on spoons anything with yellow or gold. Chicken Wing was the winner. 58 - 62 FOW. The shorties would not trip the releases on downrigger and if we lessened tension more the line would not hold, so we checked lines every 15 minutes. 9/10 there was a shorty on. Best fish of the year 30.5" and 7.2#. Dipsy set at 3 165' and dipsy at 0 102' back riggers at 57'.

Good Luck.

anyone trying tomorrow.. wind forecast is as confusing as the weather forecast. just doing a day trip but it looks like a wake up and see kinda day.

My friend has a weekend charter out of Erie Pa. He was out in the 2nd trench last weekend. They did well on walleye. They were a bit larger than what is being caught closer in to shore. But the 2nd trench is a 12-13 mile haul out of Walnut & if it's rough it could take forever to get there. My boat is smaller & with the waves a bit larger than we'd like last weekend we couldn't make the run out too where he was fishing.

For wind & waves try a couple of these sites. They're pretty reliable. You'll have to fine tune them to your location.

I usually use the roundabout formula of every 5mph of wind equals about 1 foot of wave. Now you'll also have to take wind direction & such into account.

B safe! And good luck!

www.windalert.com
    www.wx.iwindsurf.com
    5 Thoughts on Gun Control...
    Gun Control isn't about guns, it's about control.
    If guns cause crimes then pencils cause misspelled words.
    65,999,987 gun owners killed no one yesterday.
    Guns only have 2 enemies. Rust & politicians.
    If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?

"A government of the people, by the people & for the people...."

I rely on this site and its been very accurate over the years. The marina posts the same info on their chalk board.
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zo...akes/clemz.htm
    20' Sea Ray

I use noaa and iWindsurf but for current nothing beats the walnut bouy...

http://wqdatalive.com/public/55

I wake up and check it before heading out in case a last minute Mother Nature adjustment. I might try in the morning just waiting to see what the storms do. I don't care about rain just don't feel like being charged up.

2 of us caught around 20 legals and too many to count shorts. Went for a quick trip left Pittsburgh around 6 and was back at 2pm. Fished in 55 fow between condos and presque isle best was monkey puke spoons and 3 Dipsy set at 150. All kept were between 17 and 20 no pigs this week. There are a few nets that of course caused a fire drill on the boat. Between the shorties and the autopilot makes it just too easy not to look ahead. Will be out again wednesday thru Friday just love the 3 rods per in pa.

I live in Wexford, which makes a day like that tempting. 1hr 42min to walnut makes it too easy. Regardless of the shorties great fishing - last 2 years were tough on walleye. Waiting for the perch to school up.