Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught? Memorable/big fish you have caught?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

good deal dave. what dock number you at. Im at 116

#81, I think. Last boat on your left as you leave the marina Troy. The Trophy HT, right next to the beer sign. Stop by anytime, I look forward to meeting you.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

It was about 10 years ago now but i caught a 14.2 pound walleye ice fishing and the biggest perch of my life 13.5 inches. Any way i took them in to have mounted on a piece of drift wood, but before I got them back i was involved in a bad car wreck and then could not afford to get them back. The local wall mart bought them and the are on display to this day. RT41 and 30 in Indiana.

about 12 years ago my dad and i were walleye fishing a few miles north of west sister and i was bringing in my line bummed that we were not catching anything but white perch and sheeps, i got my weapon into sight and seen a big body move very quickly around my line so i let out a little drag did some figure eights and boom a 32" northern pike just demolished my lure. i was using a 6'0 rod med. light with 8 lbs test. that pike took me all the way back out to where i originally was in the first place! that was my first northern ever and the only one. i will never forget that day at the cleaners they didnt believe me that i caught it out on the lake...good eatin fish good thick meat!

We were trolling off Huron just days before hurricane Sandy hit by the deep dump about 10 miles out.Were trolling with big boards with mix of cranks and harnesses and was catching numerous fish Ohio walleye.We were at 15 fish when had another big eye coming to the net.My dad was driving the boat when the captain yelled to turn right when the big fish was swimming away from the boat.Well my dad turned boat to the right but the captain yelled no not that way,turn the other way.My dad then turned his chair around to see what was going on in the back.The chair swiveled to a point where his feet no longer reached the floor and he started to slip off his chair.By now a 9lb eye was close enough to net,or do I go help my dad.I made a stab at the eye knowing I only had one chance while the captain, holding the rod held my dad up with his behind.We got the eye and dropped it in the back then got my dad before he fell.By now he had turned the wheel of the boat and we were 90° to our line.The captain turned off the engine and lifted both outboards out of the water.We spent next 45 min untangling everything and went in.Was the most impressive cooler of fish I had been a part of during my 40 yrs of Fishing Erie.

Back in the 90's went along with the late Captain Cliff of Slow Retrieve Charters to do a bass scouting trip off Pelee. Not sure of the time, but it was near the end of summer. Caught plenty of bass and headed back to Catawba when Cliff says "Let's stop and kill some perch. We had a bunch of emeralds left so we set down between Kellys and the Bass islands, and started ripping the perch. Nice size, coming two at a time using the shiners pinched in small pieces. All of a sudden my little perch rod bent double on a strike, and Cliff headed toward the front of the boat. He yelled "Hang on Mikey, that's not a perch" as he grabbed the net from under the bow. After a pretty good struggle, he netted my double. It was a 30" 10lb wally on one side and a 10" perch with the hook knocked clear thru his head on the other. Cliff had my fish mounted for me, and to date that is my biggest. Think about him every time I look at it.