A different sort of walleye report A different sort of walleye report A different sort of walleye report A different sort of walleye report

Default A different sort of walleye report

So, boat is out of commission for a week or so while I wait for a part to be delivered. Still wanting to get some fishing in, I put the canoe in (East Harbor) and have gone out bass fishing a few days in a row. Have done pretty well. For the heck of it, I put a weapon on and was casting in the East Harbor channel, about 2/3 of the way out. Caught half a dozen of the little 14" walleye. No keepers. Then tonight, I was fishing around dusk in the far east end of the harbor in about 9 foot of water with a sinker and worm, and caught another one. These little guys are so widespread they are even in the harbor! I've been fishing in this harbor all my life (literally, as I caught my first fish in it when I was 18 months old- which I remember!) and the only walleye I ever caught in it previously were in the very early spring, like March, fishing at the tip of the breakwall. Which doesn't really count, as that's just the beginning of the lake.

I also caught a ton of white perch and sheepshead on the weapon, and a few white bass. As well as 2 largemouth. Which makes sense I guess. Spinners are something a largemouth would normally hit, just not many of them out in the lake itself.
    Last edited by jonk; 07-07-2017 at 09:35 PM.