Easy as 1-2-3.... Easy as 1-2-3.... Easy as 1-2-3.... Easy as 1-2-3....

Smile Easy as 1-2-3....

I heard thru the grapevine that some of you who follow my reports have been wondering where I am and why no reports. I'm flattered that you care. The truth is with all the little fish being caught limits are hard to come by. The last few trips have yielded one keeper out of every 10 fish so I'm lucky if I have 3 fish in the cooler when my time is up. Not what you want to hear.
    Today was different as it turned out to be one of the best days of the season for me. I wasn't in the water until 9:15 as I am getting old and slowing down. I headed NW out of Geneva to the 50' depth marking fish starting around the 34' depth all the way out. I set up a troll from west to east going with the wind. I decided while I was still in the parking lot to go back to the presentation that worked for me in the western basin...Bandits. I ran them back 100 feet of the Opti boards and 123 feet on the flat lines which turned out to be the winning combo thus my usage of the 1-2-3 approach. It was hard to stay under 2.0 mph with the gusting winds and the 2 to 4 foot chop but I had 2 keepers in the first 10 minutes. Khaki, Green Clown and IB Frozen were the colors today. The trip was over at 11:30 and the run back to the ramp crashing thru the waves was any thing but fun.
    I hope this little bit of info will put a few more eyes in your cooler. After all, it is easy as 1-2-3.......
    Last edited by Dr.Ed; 06-28-2017 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Glad to hear you found simething that worked, you said you were marking fish at 34 ft, we're you marking any at the 19 to 20ft you were fishing at? If not wonder if the fish were coming that far up for the bait.

We ran into something similar this fall out of Huron all marks were 30ft town all fish came from 45 and 60 back.between 12 and 15ft down. We wonder if they were coming that far up, or if the fish in that range were being spooked by the boat and just moving out away, staying at the depth, but not showing up on our finder
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 06-28-2017 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Typo

I was referring to seeing fish in 34FOW. They were scattered high and low. As I trolled the 50FOW the fish were all over the screen and these were good marks. Since I was catching them back 123 feet, I must assume they were feeding in the 20'-25' depth. After looking at the forecast I think it might be Monday before I can get out again. As I have told friends for years: I am allergic to lightning. I break out in a rash.......Listen on Ch.68. I announce every fish by bait color and distance back be it flat line or off a board.

Nice report Dr. Thanks.
    20' Sea Ray