Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17 Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17 Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17 Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17

Default Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17

This morning I met Rusty and his wife Jessie at the Walmart here in town, so we could ride together over to Huron to launch. Jessie brought homemade blueberry muffins and apple cinnamon muffins for us to munch on on the way over there. They were very good! Thanks Jess!

We hit the water at 5:30 and were at the end of the Huron River channel at 5:45am. The sun hadn't hit the horizon yet, and there was a chill in the air. In fact, it was quite chilly. The wind coming from shore would be warm and then chilly...then, warm, and then chilly again. It didn't warm up until the sun got higher in the sky and then it was a perfect morning.

We ran Bandits first, and caught 4 eaters in 27 foot of water at 55 back...speed was 1.9-2.2mph. Then, the bite died, and I decided to move eastward, and change the Bandits to crawler harnesses. We ran my Canadian water program with the 1oz and 2oz inline weights. The 1oz were at 41 and 51 back and the 2oz inlines were running 35-47 back at 1.6mph. We would end their 6 hour trip with 9 keeper walleye with the largest going 4 1/4...maybe 5 pounds.

We had several throw backs and some sheep and whites too. No catfish today though, so that was nice. lol

My Thursday and Friday walleye trips have been rescheduled due to wind and chance of thunderstorms again, but after I got home this afternoon, I received a call from a fella with a strong Boston accent, that wanted to go bass fishing tomorrow. I told him that I had cancelled my trip tomorrow due to weather, but he said he didn't want to go on the big lake, because he gets seasick (even with Dramamine), so we are going to go bass fishing in East and West Harbors tomorrow morning. He'll be bringing his son along....if he can get him away from the water slides at the Great Wolf Lodge.

This should be interesting....the boat is cleaned up and the bass stuff put in, so it's ready to go.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-rusty-jessie-gass-6_28_17img_9469-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-rusty-jessie-gass-6_28_17img_9471-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-rusty-jessie-gass-6_28_17img_9468-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Luv your posts. Keep them coming.

The bass trip was a success! Jeremy started out slow, and his boy Elijah had him down 7 to 0 before he would catch his first bass of the morning. But, as Jeremy said, "It's not how ya staht...it's how ya finish" (said in a strong Boston accent). Jeremy would end up taking the lead at the end of the morning trip with 15 bass to Elijah's 14.

Good time with two fun guys....I really enjoyed it.

Woot! Woot!
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-jeremy-elijah-lafrance-6_29_17img_9485-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-jeremy-elijah-lafrance-6_29_17img_9484-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-jeremy-elijah-lafrance-6_29_17img_9492-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-jeremy-elijah-lafrance-6_29_17img_9495-jpg Fishing with Rusty and Jessie 6/28/17-fifshing-jeremy-elijah-lafrance-6_29_17img_9478-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters