Electric Knife Electric Knife Electric Knife Electric Knife

Thread: Electric Knife

Default Electric Knife

need advice on a electric knife. my two year rape la heavy did not last.the two buttons that release the blades broke on the inside and i can not get the blades out.any recommendations thanks in advance BigDan

I have an American Angler. I have had the Knife for over 10 years and have never had a problem. I just purchased the first set of new blades this year from turtle creek marina.. I would highly recommend.

I have been using the same mister twister knife for over 20 years and have filleted uncountable numbers of fish with it. If it starts to get too warm I lay it down to cool off. I just purchased a new one for a back up at Rural King for $20 so you know what happens next.

Buy a "kitchen" electric knife at a garage sale for couple of bucks. Fish don't know the difference and they seem to last longer overall.

Seems like I've tried them all and so far none of them are any good. They heat up and the blades dull easily. I have not tried the American Angler. Wife is too frustrated when I say I need a new knife to clean fish.

Type in "electric knife" in the search box at the top of the page. You will find an encyclopedia of info on this site.

BEST ONE I HAVE EVER USED , EVEN ON LARGE WALLEYE---10-11-12 LB FISH. CUTS RIGHT THRU THE RIBS AND IS LOW PRICED. WALMARK = OZARK TRAIL ELECTRIC FILLET KNIFE UNDER $15.00 THIS IS MY 2 ND SEASON USING IT BUT BUDDY HAS HAD HIS FOR YEARS..

Steelydann

the piranha from academy.com for 32.99 is a good knife. but the best fillet knife I've found was carving knives I got at wall mart for 9.00.