Mosquito lake Mosquito lake Mosquito lake Mosquito lake

Thread: Mosquito lake

Default Mosquito lake

Hey guys and gals was just curious if any of you have walleye experience on mosquito. Weather patterns have been crazy and the wife and son want to fish for eyes. We always venture to Erie but with the patterns of weather I'm not taking my family out in 4 to 5s. They would hate that, so I'm just looking for alternatives. Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Try Indian lake, Logan county. Great for saugeye. Not deep, no wave issues

I used to dock on Mosquito. Decent walleye fishing. Lots of bass and a few pike. Crappie fishing is pretty good also. If you are going after walleyes, most people fish the north end. It's pretty shallow. Depending on what kind of boat you have you may need to launch north of the causeway. Route 88 goes over top of the lake and the bridge is low. I have a 21' center console with a t-top and there's no way I was getting under that bridge. There's a bait shop on route 88 with a decent launch, Causeway Sporting goods. They charge $5 or something like that to use their ramp, but it's on the north side of the causeway. And they normally will help you launch. You can also rent small boats with motors from them. On the south end near the state park off there are good launch ramps if you fish the south end.