First time fishing from Geneva First time fishing from Geneva First time fishing from Geneva First time fishing from Geneva

Default First time fishing from Geneva

Planning on going out of Geneva State Park later this week. First time fishing this area (usually fishing around the islands). Any suggestions appreciated!!

I have fished out of there a good bit this year wasn't able too this weekend so I do not have fresh info last weekend we were doing good 30-40 ft they will have info posted inside the store at the marina as well my plan for next weekend is to head northwest start trolling around 25ft anyone have any info from this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Genevarick View Post
    I have fished out of there a good bit this year wasn't able too this weekend so I do not have fresh info last weekend we were doing good 30-40 ft they will have info posted inside the store at the marina as well my plan for next weekend is to head northwest start trolling around 25ft anyone have any info from this weekend
    Can you tell me where the marina is I usually fish western basin coming up this Saturday any help you be greatly appreciated

Is it at the state park???? And what's the ramp fee???

It is in the state park you will see the signs for the marina once you come into the park as for fee I believe it's free I am a dock holder and before that I would just get a spot for the weekend it was 1.50 a foot I think it still is I will also be out Saturday if we're doing any good I'd be glad to share info I monitor ch 68 if I get anything from good I will share it saturdays there's people out there happy to help if they can there is also a nice store at the marina you can get bait and ice there they do not open till 6 though

yeah the marina is in the state park. as soon as you turn off hwy 534 into the park the marina is to the right at the stop sign. there is no fee to launch and they have a great ramp. the marina store has worms and ice and a small selection of baits and other stuff. good luck out there.

Thanks for the info it is greatly appreciated guys hope to see ya out there good luck and catch some walleyes

Well I found it!!! Thanks guys.. went straight out to 53 fow started trolling bandits on inline boards 175 back hot color was fruit dots. and black and chrome caught 5 keepers and about 25 shorts then the wind showed up!!!! Got real bumpy!!! Really nice place there Thanks again for info. Wally😁😁