Wakina? Wakina? Wakina? Wakina?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wakina?

Default Wakina?

Has anyone heard from Wakina? I'm concerned that he hasn't posted in a while. Not like him to be silent during prime fishing season. Hope everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Has anyone heard from Wakina? I'm concerned that he hasn't posted in a while. Not like him to be silent during prime fishing season. Hope everything is ok.
    I sent him a PM a couple weeks back.. He replied and explained that he is going to have to take it easy on the boating for a bit. He did not say exactly what but it was health related I think. He did say that he hopes to be able to perch fish some on the walk on boats this Summer. Like you, I thought it was odd for him not to be posting with all of his knowledge and advice. I sure have learned a lot from his input and miss hearing what he has to say.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

I myself have learned a great deal from his post and would like to wish him well!!!

Same here. Just the other day I too was thinking we hadn't heard from him and was going to ask on here. Got to fish with him one time and it was a true pleasure for me and I think he enjoyed it too. Was hoping to do it again some time. Best of luck.

Glad to know you had some communication with him a couple of weeks ago. When someone had a thread about running small boards and Wakina didn't reply, I really got concerned. Wakina is the one who really got me started running small boards years ago and he always has great, detailed and above all honest information. I would take anything he said for gospel. I've really come to respect him over the years we have shared information on the forum. A true stand up guy!

Hope you are doing well my friend! Hope to hear from you soon!

Nicely written and said Eyecrazy

Hopefully he will see this thread and respond knowing that all of us care about him.......

Thanks to all of you who posted the positive reviews about me.

I am still around and doing as well as can be expected considering the Dr. says I shouldn't be riding around in a boat getting bounced around. I am suffering from non life threatening complications that have arisen from an old spinal injury that happened 13 years ago (Car wreck). I just didn't feel comfortable posting while not being able to fish. Like PimplePounder stated I hope to be able to get out on one of the headboats later this year for some perch fishing. Mean time I am enjoying all the posts on this site. Good luck to you all.

Wakina
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Wakina please don't hesitate to post even if your not fishing. You have forgotten more than most of us know and we value your experience and input. PLUS. If you can't fish the next next thing is to talk about fishing

Thanks for the reply Wakina,
    with all the well wishers its nice to see your post and keep us posted.

Gene