Fish everywhere! Fish everywhere! Fish everywhere! Fish everywhere!

Default Fish everywhere!

Fishing between the bass islands and Kelly's, more to the west side of Kelly's. Lot's of shorts, 17" and 24" year class fish ,limits Thursday,Friday, and Saturday. Decided to move shallow outside the combat zone, and dredge with bandits back 100 to 130' in 24' to 25' of water on the southwest tip up Kelly's. Pulled some very nice fish, 26" to 29 3/4" . The most fish on Thursday we took on big stingers and true trips 40 's leads being 40 to 50, with 45' the best, Friday we ran jets and bandits. Jets 45 back and bandits 80 . The bandits took the nicest fish, but the jets with spoons took the most. Was trolling by 6:15 yesterday.Bandits Leads 55' through 80' never took them off. 80' on 12' Berkeley big game took off . Best colors, Spoons -doctor kevork. . Bandits - chrome huff daddy kicked as^"=%^"==. But it had to be chrome, great end to my trip. Pulled a 10 lber. On a reef runner 90' back north of the light house, green head and tail with clear foil middle.

Exactly the same for us. Same area and Bandits (although a little slower) took all the nice fish and every time I'd get my jet/stinger spoon back to 50' it didn't seem like it took more than a few minutes before a hook up. Some keepers on the spoons but mostly shorts. In fact, put Bandits on the boards and fished the Jets/Spoons right off the side as there wasn't even really time to get a board on before a fish lol. "Sir Walleye" was the best spoon and had been my long time favorite. Purple/pink with black dots on it. Purple jets. I'm kind of obsessed with purple on this lake and it's always where I start.
    Last edited by Pauken23; 06-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.

My speed was 1.9 to 2.6 when the sun got up the fastest speed took more for me two out of 3 days we put the smack down on them,constant action, had bites while hookin Boards on the fastest fishing I've had for the time trolled, had to leave the pack to get the chunks to bite,24 to 25' four big ones in 30 minutes

I went out myself for a few hours as I don't have to work tomorrow, from 3:30 to dusk. I started about a mile off lakeside (good pack of boats there) and after 2 shorts got a 19" fish. Another hour and all I got were shorts, sheephead, and catfish (including a really nice 28" cat). Moved out to Kellys, picked up a bunch more shorts and 1 16" fish near the bouy on the SW corner. Moved to 30 FOW off the west side and no more shorts. Got 2 fish, 1 23", 1 25".

I was drifting and casting. Slowed down when the wind died off, and I'd say getting 3 keepers on a dead flat lake casting is pretty decent.

Now, I'll tell ya something on how I fish. I have a spinning reel that I throw lures with, and have a baitcaster that I just dump over the side. On a day with good drift, the baitcaster can often do well, but today it was really strange. I was getting a lot of fish on it (mostly shorts) without much movement of the boat, just bouncing on the bottom. And, just for the heck of it, I had a green erie dearie on that pole. Old school. I noted I was getting more fish on that than the worm harness I was throwing, so put the same on my casting rig, and started getting a lot of fish. These little buggers will hit anything it seems. Those I hit casting I had to bounce along the bottom. Reel, sink, hit bottom. Reel, sink, hit bottom. Repeat. Was getting a hit at least about every other cast.

All total, I got:
    4 keepers
    32 shorts
    5 cats
    more sheephead and white perch than I care to count
    1 12" yellow perch (which I also kept of course).

All the shorts were without exception 13-14 1/2".