6-18 to 6-21 fishing 6-18 to 6-21 fishing 6-18 to 6-21 fishing 6-18 to 6-21 fishing

Default 6-18 to 6-21 fishing

Started out early Thursday the 18th,launched out of Mazuriks to be greeted by 20 mph winds out of the sw. It made for a bumpy ride when coming back South. Trolled bandits NE of mouse out to just south of Kellys, back 50-75 off modified sidewinder planer boards. Took 3 nice eyes, biggest being 26.5". 2 off fruit dot, one off blue chrome. Came back to rest up and hit it in the evening. Got a late start only fished from 6-8 pm. Beautiful evening,should have put the lights on and stayed out,kicking myself for not doing so , caught a few more eaters that evening with a few shorts. Friday was 12-15 mph winds out of the NNE , after going down to the launch and seeing the boats almost being stood straight up heading out, decided to stay in. Heard from a fellow at the gas station a 18 ft Lund pro v had capsized and coast guard was called.Met two nice guys, Chris and Ron in a gorgeous red Ranger at the hotel who braved the elements and caught two 30 " fish ohios. Not only did Chris give me a laminated dive chart but also a tip of fish west of catawba out of the wind. Sat morning greeted with 15 mph out of Ne,we launched at catawba headed a short distance west and proceded to catch about 40 eyes. Mostly shorts but managed to get 8 keepers, not our two man limit but action packed day, these were caught drifting bottom bouncers and pulling slo death for me, orange tiger and regular firetiger harness for my brother. Sunday morning we launched at Magee as it was on way home but water was chocolate milk, not a bite in two hours, time to pack up and head home. Another fun trip despite the rough weather, good meals at Cleats and Big Boppers.

Nice post, thanks!