see sick patches see sick patches see sick patches see sick patches
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default see sick patches

has any one used theses i got a prescription from the doctor 4 patches one patch stays on for 3 days but the price for me on medicare aetna is 87 dollars for 4 patches with insurance. on the walleye front i have a report from my friends who just cast they caught 240 fish with 150 being walleye casting and dragging hammered gold no 4 Colorado blades 3 guys seen pics of limit this was tuesday of last week fish on everycast for 5-6 hours cast one line and drag another had 5 fish on at a time 1 net went through 35 dozen worms had to call wife to bring them more worms. 20- 22 ft of water straight out from wards canal head neast from pier. told my buddy that i fish with he went out and trolled up a limit with bandits said most fish caught on kacki if thats how you spell it threw back lots of short fish but had nice fish for limit. try it and let us know buddy went Saturday in rough water and still got them. im going to get worms tonight should be easy picken

I have used the prescriptions patches from my doctor. I never paid anything like $87.00 for four of them. But that was several years ago I got mine. I did not notice than they work any better than the over the counter type which cost much less. I think the only thing better about the patches for me was that they made me less sleepy than the kind you can buy in the store. Actually You can go to the pharmacist and ask for a product called Meclizine which is the generic non drowsy formula of motion sickness med for much less.

I use the $10 "Seabands" you can acquire at any drug store or Walmart. I carry them on my boat, have used them for years deep sea fishing in the Atlantic and halibut fishing in AK... I have never seen anyone get sick wearing these. They say you can even put them on after the the "sickness" kicks sets in to squelch an on coming bought but we never take any chances on big water, I just put them on. They are terry cloth bands that apply acupuncture to a point on your wrist... no medicine, no drowsiness. I have been on many ocean trips were more than half the boat is sick but not us :-)

you can take dramamine the night before you go out, you will sleep good and it will still have same affect (lasts for 24 hrs,) and you won't be tired out on the water

I as well keep 2 sets of the wrist bands on my boat. As wrote earlier they are availible all over . Never seen somebody get sick when using them

Wrist Bands. My son use to get sick to the point he quit going. And he tried everything. One day he tried the bands and hasn't been sick since

We just got 8 sets of the sea bands from Amazon to keep on the boat. My grandmother discovered them (or something similar) 20 years ago because she'd get motion sickness on long car rides and we've been using them since. I rarely ever get a sick but if we're anchored perchin' in 5' waves, they do work. I think we paid $25 for 4 sets of them and they're prime eligible if you have it for free 2 day shipping.

My wife will get sea sick riding in the car, yes riding in the car, on long trips. The sea bands do work really well and no drowsiness like with dramamine. Something that we found that works even better than the sea bands is ginger tablets. The bands can get uncomfortable when wearing for an extended period since they are a little tight applying pressure to the 'pressure point' on your wrist.
    you can get a bottle of ginger tables for under $10 and they should last for several months. My wife uses them when we go cruises instead of the sea bands and no side effects and no sea sickness at all. Not saying it will work for everyone, but it works for her. (no Im not a ginger salesman)

I've tried it all at one time or the other. but the patches is the only thing that I've found that really helps me. in rough water I still get a little queasy then I add a little motioneaze behind the ear. the patches go behind the ear. but when I sweat the patches comes off. so I started putting them on my wrist under my watch band. seems to work just as good as behind the ear but doesn't come off.

went to doctor yesterday he gave me a script of meclizine generic for antivert i used these before when i had vertigo i always got a little light headed when in rough water but as long as i was catching fish my mind did not think about it i was ok i truly think its all in my mind last year i got sick twice 1 time i had guys up from n Carolina they only had 3 days to fish we went perching in 4-5 footers the rain was coming sideways i stuck it out for 2-3 hours no fish i puked then went back to dock caught more fish at dock then the lake. i start thinking about it bobbing around no fish and thats when it happens. it used to be weekend hangovers did it. but no longer happens im turning in to a fair weather fishermen good thing i live on the lake