Perch Perch Perch Perch

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

Is anyone catching any perch, or have a good suggestion where to find them this weekend. I will be putting out of Wild Wings.

went over to d can and caught 15 nice perch with 3 walleye and 15 white perch.

If you can find than afford to buy Lake Erie Shiners you should be able to catch them at all of the usual spots... The Creek Minnows and Goldies just not the same...I bought a bunch and froze them in Corn Meal , been doing this couple of years when I can find them..

Seen a boat anchored between ballast and middle bass two weekends back. Watched em pull a few while i was trolling by. looked like they were doing pretty good. Also heard marblehead lighthouse was good last weekend.

Thanks for the advise, I will be up Saturday and give it a try.

Default Perch

I saw nets right next to shore when I went to Jolly Rogers today, to eat Perch, and was wondering if anyone fishes in this close?

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

There are a lot of regulations for the commercial fisherman, including the trap nets, especially once the recreational boating season starts. Too many to go into here, but yes, they often set trap nets close to shore to catch various species including perch. Part of reason is the somewhat limited areas they can legally fish, plus who would want to put an expensive net out where you legally can but have it susceptible to boaters that have no idea what it is or are even looking out for nets. I've been in the Port Clinton Fish company and seen the catfish in bins they had caught that day.