Great Job Skipper 9! Great Job Skipper 9! Great Job Skipper 9! Great Job Skipper 9!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Great Job Skipper 9!

Great Job to Captain Jim (Skipper 9) on a tough day on the Lake. I watched boats come in all day today at the marina and many only had a few fish. Captain Jim said it was a tough day, and it took some time, but he came in with the best board of fish that I saw at Channel Grove Marina today with 25! On a day where some charters only caught 1 and some caught none... 25 is a great catch!

Congrats Jim!
    Attached Images Attached Images Great Job Skipper 9!-eyehunter-2-jpg 

Yeah you go Jim
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Hope to get a couple in the morning

Towing meat?????

Does Skipper 9 aka Capt. Jim care to share any info on how he succeeded when others struggled. A general location and your best presentation would be helpful but if you don't answer I completely understand. Just seeing a full board is encouraging....

Juls also fished yesterday,and if you check her blog she was trolling around Niagra with just about everyone else.She said that the bite occurred in the afternoon yesterday.That coincided with the game activity phase yesterday from 1-6 pm.My guess is that is where and when most caught their fish yesterday.Also that would cut down on the number of boats out there that could shut down the bite.I'm at work and my buddies are out fishing

Note,it was almost dark when photo taken.

We trolled Bandits around the reef complex from 6am-12pm yesterday. Got 5 nice fish and thought we should've done better until I saw the reports from others. Looks like we actually did better in that time than some... Sadly I can't give out useful info as all 5 of our fish were basically caught on different colors and in different parts of the column. Also, in an 18' Lund and the waters starting a little rough we caught the first 3 in water that was too muddy and the last 2 a little further out with a little better clarity.

I posted this picture that I stole from Skipper 9's site because I was at the marina all day and watched the boats come in and talked to the captains, and this was the best board of fish all day. Jim didn't know that I posted this, and he still may not. I do not know where he fished, nor his program. I am sure had he posted about his trip he would have shared that information. I am not affiliated with him except for the fact that we are in the same marina. It was an afternoon trip and they didn't get in until after 6:00 pm... that is all I can tell you.

Pretty sure Jim has not seen this, he has a lot going on - I know he's been busy building more planar boards and upgrading his auto pilot. Give him a call and he may be able to be more specific than I am.

I don't have exact numbers but we were west of Catawba in 18-19 FOW. Bandits 40-50 back, 1.8 to 1.9mph. That was Jim's program Friday night, we ran that on Saturday too, although on Eyehunter II we ran 1.6 to 1.7 mph with better success. Speed changes +/- .2mph also seemed to trigger bites. There were no hot colors, every boat on the radio had a different "hot" bandit. EHII didn't have a hot color on Saturday, seemingly every color scheme caught fish, although I'd say that Pink Squirrel and Pink Lemonade caught 1/3rd of our 28 fish.