Dipseys and slide divers Dipseys and slide divers Dipseys and slide divers Dipseys and slide divers

Default Dipseys and slide divers

I have been using dipseys and slide divers for many years while trolling for salmon at speed from 2.3-3.5 mph. Wanting to use them foe walleyes. Specifically the slide divers. Will the slower speeds of 1.0-1.8 employed for walleye trolling adversely affect the ability of the divers to function properly?

Slower speed doesn't seem to impact performance. However, as you stated the slower speed will make a difference in depth. Especially when you get below 1.5 mph. We have had success using Dipsys. Just need to watch especially on turns. Use them and experiment. Find what works for you.

Never used slide diver but the dipsey will work ant any speed as far as I know. I know we use them from under 1 to up to 2.5. I know slower speed does effect the diving by about some 10%. The chart I have is based on 20lb mono but we use thinner braid which will effect the curve

I use the lite bite slide divers on the central basin and have run them as slow a 1.5 with no problems. I set the lite bite arm loose so that little fish will trip them. and I like to run them from 1.5 to 2.0 depending on what the fish want. I use them like a dipsy and have never used the slide part of the diver. I just tie my leader to an o ring and lace it through the back going in the lite bite arm. I use about 7' to 9' leaders.