Bolles Harbor/Luna Pier, MI Bolles Harbor/Luna Pier, MI Bolles Harbor/Luna Pier, MI Bolles Harbor/Luna Pier, MI

Default Bolles Harbor/Luna Pier, MI

Anyone had any luck trolling out of Bolles Harbor and the Luna Pier area? Was out about 2 weeks ago and seen everyone was jigging, but since I didn't have any jigging equipment we trolled and didn't have any luck.
    Thanks, Jeff

Well like always no talk in that area.i fish most the summer there.never no information.every thing is about port Clinton.whis there was more talk.i fish there alot may to August.good luck.

Now's time all most for warm harnesses.then to crank baits.hope that helps.mike

After being a vouyer on this site for a couple years I decided it was time I contributed and as a frequent visitor to the Bolles Harbor area to fish I signed up just to provide an answer to this thread ...

2 solo trips in the last 10 days provided similar results with 15 and 12 fish caught respectfully and a 26" fish caught each trip. 1/2 were shorts. I watch what the others are doing out of OH waters including using the popular Bandit colors and fish about 5 miles straight out of Bolles (NE of the dumping grounds). Depths are in the 20' range. Speeds just below 2 mph. I did get some action on BB with crawler harness last trip but all but one. was a short. Should be back out next week

Quote Originally Posted by fishybusiness View Post
    after being a vouyer on this site for a couple years i decided it was time i contributed and as a frequent visitor to the bolles harbor area to fish i signed up just to provide an answer to this thread ...

2 solo trips in the last 10 days provided similar results with 15 and 12 fish caught respectfully and a 26" fish caught each trip. 1/2 were shorts. I watch what the others are doing out of oh waters including using the popular bandit colors and fish about 5 miles straight out of bolles (ne of the dumping grounds). Depths are in the 20' range. Speeds just below 2 mph. I did get some action on bb with crawler harness last trip but all but one. Was a short. Should be back out next week
    i will be up this week end also.try to fish from sunday to fri.good luck.iam heading to turtle creek area for couple days.

Thanks for the replies. I used to fish this area many years ago and caught fish trolling hot-n-tots in Luna Pier bay from March through June and never had a problem catching fish. I've been out twice this year and haven't caught a fish yet... I guess I'll pick up a few bandits and worm harnesses as well. Good luck everyone, thank you

Launched out of Luma Pier Marina at 3 with wife and daughter. Ran out NE towards dumping grounds, in michigan waters. Ran bandits and Flicker minnow 11's from 40 to 60 back, and 2 jets with spoons at 50 2.2 to 25 mph. Picked up 12 keepers, probably 20 throw backs and 10 white bass.. great action for the family.
    Hot color was bickerbeet, but most anything with purple on it took fish.