Possession Limit Possession Limit Possession Limit Possession Limit

Default Possession Limit

I know the daily limit of walleye in April is 4 and it goes up to 6 May 1st, But my questions is I am going to fish 4 days in May (and the fishing is great) can I bring home a total of 24 walleye per person if we were to limit out every day?

Default limits;

Quote Originally Posted by mellockport View Post
    I know the daily limit of walleye in April is 4 and it goes up to 6 May 1st, But my questions is I am going to fish 4 days in May (and the fishing is great) can I bring home a total of 24 walleye per person if we were to limit out every day?
    Yes There is no possession limit in Ohio. If staying somewhere you might want to keep receipts that you were there that long.

Yes, since your fishing in May, and 6x4 is 24. I believe their is a possession limit as well, until you are at your permanent address. Good advice on the receipts though. If your doing the right thing within the DNR laws, you won't have a problem.

There is no possession limit in ohio but you must be able to prove that you fished for the amount of days you fished to equal the fish you have. But you can not have more than your daily limit on your boat at any time. Keep your dock recieght or you lodging recieght with you.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

FYI - From ODW website:

"It is unlawful for any person to possess a fish in any form or condition other than whole while on or when unloading the fish from a boat, while wading, or while fishing from shore on any waters in this state where a fishing license is required."

"Fillets must be kept whole until an angler reaches their permanent residence, or until the fish are prepared for immediate consumption. This does not apply to anglers with a receipt from a fish cleaning house or charter captain which states the date, number, and type of fish possessed. Fish must be transported whole or as a complete fillet while returning from the Lake Erie islands on a commercial ferry boat."

I think it used to say "with the skin on" while referring to the fillet. I don't know if "complete fillet" still means with the skin on. My guess is no, but that's only a guess.

They really want ypu to leave about 1 to 2 inches of skin on the full none zippered fillet. That way they can easily I'd and count fillets to get total count. They accept reciepts for fuel or bait with dayes on them as prof of number of days fished. So keep the tiny paper work, and do the last skin and zipper at home....they will stay fresh that many days. I know it's a pain, but they just don't want the waters over fished.

Or pay to have them cleaned and then they can be zippered and frozen, just have the prof of number of fish they cleaned each day

Thanks for all the great information. Looking forward to 1st week of May.