Quote Originally Posted by Bordy View Post
Rick
I suppose you can attach your line directly to the clip but I've never seen it done that way. The rubber hold in the release and stretches and you can read your lines for small white bass draggers or popped releases etc. that's the only way I've seen it done but I'm no expert. The shower curtain rings must be extras. You can't use them without a clip to hold the line.
As for line I like 20 lb Proline. I think it handles best for trolling. It's stiffer than Spiderwire so less likely to wrap around the rod tip, a major frustration on windy days. But any braid will work. I don't use a fluorocarbon or mono leader but some people do.
Hope you had a good trip and caught a few. Weather has certainly not helped.
Bordy

I was confused when i typed this reply. The first time out i attached the rubber band to the line and the rubber band directly to the shower curtain hanger . I thought the rubber band would break. I finally figured It out at the end of the day. I was lucky the fish were biting good that day i somehow still managed to limit out. Hopefully i can get up to the western basin one more time this spring and then get a few trips in on the central and eastern basin.