chartplotter chartplotter chartplotter chartplotter

Thread: chartplotter

Default chartplotter

Picking up a new chart plotter. Would like to spend around 700.00. I know that amount will limit what I end up with,but could anyone out there offer any advice concerning which brand may be the best in that price range ? Thanks, Nan Sea Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images chartplotter-dscf0299-jpg 

You looking for chart plotter only or a combo unit? I just had a similar thread and ended up getting the Garmin Echo map Chirp 73SV. Good luck in your quest.

In that price take a look at the Lowrance Elite 7 Ti.

It is a 7" touch screen with built in GPS, Downscan, Sidescan and WiFi so you could keep the unit itself on the bridge and then use your phone, tablet, or other WiFi device on the back deck.

Default chart plotter

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    You looking for chart plotter only or a combo unit? I just had a similar thread and ended up getting the Garmin Echo map Chirp 73SV. Good luck in your quest.
    Was looking for a plotter only, but would be o.k. either way. I have considered the 73 sv. May end up going that direction. Thanks, Nan SEA LEE

Thanks, I have read a little about that unit . I'll dig a little more into it.

I appreciate the input on the subject. Stopped at Cabelas today and decided to buy a Lowrance Hook 9. I think it will take care of our needs. At $ 499.00, it seemed like a fairly good deal. Heck we bought the boat with a Garmin 230 on it. Probably a good unit in its day. I'm thinking its a little outdated at this point ( just like its current owner ). See You on the Lake. Nan Sea Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Figment View Post
    I appreciate the input on the subject. Stopped at Cabelas today and decided to buy a Lowrance Hook 9. I think it will take care of our needs. At $ 499.00, it seemed like a fairly good deal. Heck we bought the boat with a Garmin 230 on it. Probably a good unit in its day. I'm thinking its a little outdated at this point ( just like its current owner ). See You on the Lake. Nan Sea Lee
    I just installed the 7" version and so far I am very happy with it.