Safety Sticker Safety Sticker Safety Sticker Safety Sticker

Thread: Safety Sticker

Default Safety Sticker

I go out of Catawba at skyline view marina. How do I get a safety inspection and sticker? Thanks

Call the area of Div. of Watercraft in your area they will tell you where to have your boat inspected they may even come to you. Make sure all your safety equipment is onboard and up to date.

Gene

go on google and type (auxiliary coast guard inspection) if you fill out the contact info they will contact you and make an appointment with you to inspect the boat. they are very nice.

Call the Port Clinton Power Squadron. They have vessel examiners and will come out and check your boat. I'm a vessel examiner in the Dayton squadron. If you can't find anyone let me know and the next time I'm up there I'll check it for you.

Every time I've launched our of Mazurik on a weekend the past two years there's been 2 ODNR officers there offering to do the inspections. If you're already in the water I know this won't help but maybe sometime else can confirm if they're out there regularly this year.

Monday I filled out the contact form on the Coast Guard website http://wow.uscgaux.info/content.php?...y=i-want-a-vsc. Last night I got a call from a local member of the auxillary that lives in Marblehead. He couldn't meet me this weekend but he is going to come to my marina next Wednesday afternoon to do the safety check.
    Sea Ray 240 Sundancer
    West Harbor Marina

can anyone post the requirements for the safety check? I was checked at Fenwick a few years back. The only thing i had wrong was the flares were expired. Actually my boat was under 20 ft. so i thought it ddnt need everything like my larger boat. but i had it all in there anyway. I just dont remember what all it needs! lol Is ship to shore mandatory now?? I heard it was or was going to be in all boats on the great lakes.

Thanks for the help. Great info.

Pappyon, get yourself a copy of the Ohio Boat Operators Guide it will tell you what you need by the size of your boat. Free at your area Drivers Liscense Bureau.

Gene

If you don't have the Ohio Boaters Guide you can find the required safety equipment at this site: http://watercraft.ohiodnr.gov/requiredequipment.
    No, a VHF radio is not required safety equipment. However, I think most members on here who boat regularly on Lake Erie would not even think about leaving the dock without a working VHF radio. The only difference between Ohio required safety equipment and that required by the Coast Guard is that Ohio requires an anchor with line and length suitable for the water you are boating in.

Quote Originally Posted by pappyon View Post
    can anyone post the requirements for the safety check? I was checked at Fenwick a few years back. The only thing i had wrong was the flares were expired. Actually my boat was under 20 ft. so i thought it ddnt need everything like my larger boat. but i had it all in there anyway. I just dont remember what all it needs! lol Is ship to shore mandatory now?? I heard it was or was going to be in all boats on the great lakes.