Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17 Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17 Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17 Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17

Default Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17

Left the house at 6:25am, to go top off the Ranger's gas tank, before stopping in the "Big Boy" parking lot to pick up my crew. I was early, and I was pleasantly surprised to see them open the garage door of their condo rental, 3 minutes later.

I would be splitting a 6 man crew from Mitchell and Brookings, SD with Capt Kevin for the week.

Today was the first day of their 5 day trip, and I had Greg, Lane, and Gary for the day. Kevin had Sam, Tyler, and Tim. (Tomorrow, we'll switch, so we both of us get to fish with both crews. They are pretty awesome people, and a pure pleasure to fish with.

Kevin and his crew, did twice as well as we did. They put 11 nice "good eaters" (3-8 pounds) in the boat...and, we only put 5 in our boat. While we were changing things up to try and increase our catch rate, Gary said, "There's a fish", as he watched the Off Shore board slide back out of the marching line. He reeled in a beautiful 11.2 pound walleye, and that made him happy.

The skies were grey this morning, with a fog haze on the horizon for most of the day. It cleared up from time to time, closer to noon. The Sun popped out here and there, and the winds died down to almost nothing at times. It was a glorious day to be on the lake, weather-wise

The water up between the islands is the cleanest I've heard about, or seen. We were fishing on the NNW side of Kelly's all day, where the water clarity is near perfect, and the water temp is up a few degrees from last week. It was hard to see all those marks that were so tight to the bottom all day. They sure had something bothering them today.

Every now and then, the marks would be around that 15-20 depth, and we would catch them. But, they were few are far between. Most of them were on the bottom and inactive....at least that's what we experienced.

We ran Badits, P-10's, and a Flicker Minnow....just to see if they wanted something besides the Bandit. But, everything we caught was on a Bandit either 90 or 100 back. Our best color was the Huff Daddy Chrome, Pink Lemonade Chrome, and Purple Hot Tiger(?) Speed was 1.1-1.3mph today.

It was a fun day, and my crew couldn't have had a more positive attitude. They were happy with the experience, and that made me happy.

Tomorrow, I get to fish with Sam, Tyler, and Tim, and Kevin will fish with Gary, Lane, and Greg....so....

Stay tuned.....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17-fishing-greg_lane_gary_3_27_17img_8641-jpg Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17-fishing-greg_lane_gary_3_27_17img_8647-jpg Fishing with Gary, Lane, and Greg 3/27/17-fishing-greg_lane_gary_3_27_17img_8646-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 03-28-2017 at 02:30 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice job !!!! Sure was hard to get them today .... Cant beleive you did that well with a bannana on your boat lol....

Great job Juls! We were in the same area today but didn't do nearly as well as you did.

Good work Juls, glad to hear the water stayed clean for ya. We should have came down, but atleast I got some.work done . :-)

As always Capt Juls, Way to go! Congrats, sounds like some great times ahead with that crew.

Out of curiosity was Capt. Kevin fishing the same area and did you happen to ask him what he was doing that might have been different to make him more successful? Hope to see you next week. Thanks as always for your reports. It makes better fishermen out of all of us....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Out of curiosity was Capt. Kevin fishing the same area and did you happen to ask him what he was doing that might have been different to make him more successful? Hope to see you next week. Thanks as always for your reports. It makes better fishermen out of all of us....
    Same area and same program. He just had a lucky horseshoe up his butt yesterday! 🤣

Very nice fish! Looking to get there for a couple a days in 2weeks, good luck!