3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba 3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba 3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba 3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tater140 View Post
    We started out going slower, but our kicker died and wouldn't run right. So we had one trolling bag and was able to get 1.5 into the wind and waves with the main motor.

The board with the flag down was due to me losing one of the springs over the side of the boat, Good eye though. With that being said is there a standard size spring for those flags? I can't quite justify paying the higher prices for the flag kit just for a new spring. We also have several others that need worked on, I would like to just get a handful of those springs and keep them on the boat. Probably should just take one into the hardware and match up something close.
    At the hardware store, you want a C-39 spring.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I just use rubber bands instead of the springs run from the metal hook that holds the flag to around the front of the board and around the front line release. it is easy to adjust the tension by controlling the flex of the rubber band on the flag side. I use a medium one from staples that work great. I know many of my buddies do the same the springs just didn't do it for me. if i run something that pulls harder i make the rubber band tighter between the flag and front of the board. these photos were from a site that i followed the directions to making mine.

.3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba-boardback-jpg3/21 report - Launched at Cawtaba-boardfront-jpg
    Last edited by jeepdude64; 03-24-2017 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks for the advice from both Juls and JeepDude. I may pickup a handful of springs as well as give the rubber bands a shot. The whole spring and flag system just seems to fall apart and or not work every time I look at it. Maybe i'm just too clumsy.

We use 2 #16 bands tied together to get enough length to lighten the tension. Loop one end over the the tow arm 1 over the flag. When I pull 40tt I use just 1 #16, to get the tension up

We have been using the rubber bands on the board just as illustrated on the picture.We use size #33 at OfficeMax.Have also bag #19 that are thinner and can add that rubber band to the #33 to get more tension if running a rig that pulls harder.You can even put some #33 on car dash in sun to weaken the pull.

You got good eyes juls!!!! Sure looks like there's one on that board. Was to busy looking at the walleye. LOL