Wild wings Sunday morning Wild wings Sunday morning Wild wings Sunday morning Wild wings Sunday morning

Default Wild wings Sunday morning

For the people who don't live close. I went down to wild wings to look around. Seen 4 charter boats going out on trips. Did see few smaller boats launching too.

Was the launch iced in ??
    Planning a long weekend this coming weekend and not sure where or what to try jigs or trolling in deeper water. Did hear that Breast bay is full of fish..

Thanks
    Steelydann

Ramp was being used. There was a ton of shove ice in the channel a couple days ago but it appears to be all open now. I saw a few trucks and trailers parked there yesterday.

Blog Entries

We tried launching at Fenwicks but ice was jammed up at lake entrance. We were able to launch at wild wings at 9am. Started jigging in 19 ft over a few marks. About 1 1/2 hrs I had one on for about 2 cranks. We went to A can and jigged for a couple of hours nothing. We went to the reef that is south east of west sister (let me know the name please). There were 3 boats and 1 charter there. We jigged about 2 hrs and were marking fish in 24 to 22 ft. Not even a hit. Saw no fish caught by anyone. Everyone left and we decided to go back to A can. Marked a few fish at 15 ft depth. Pulled out trolling gear and DDHJ and after about an hour caught 26" male on purpledesent. Water was 35 degrees. Back at launch at 5pm. Talked to guys coming in. ! boat had no fish. 1 boat had 5 by trolling. good luck.