Sticky Fingers Sticky Fingers Sticky Fingers Sticky Fingers

Thread: Sticky Fingers

Blog Entries

Default Sticky Fingers

I am planning on numerous over night trips this year prolly staying at, or around turtle creek with a dock. I don't have a cabin on my boat, but lots of expensive "to Me" gadgets and gear. Do you think My gear is safe in the boat overnight? Or should start running cables through everything. Is there any marinas that have had issues with theft?

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Yes, there have been posts on here about theft off boats from that area of the lakeshore. Several questions. The boat will be at a dock overnight with nobody around the area? Where will you be after fishing / sleeping, a motel?

A lot probably depends on the marina. Ask them. How safe do they consider their marina as far as theft goes? The prudent thing to do is take with you all the equipment you can easily take off the boat. You can also purchase some inexpensive motion detection devices that will give any trespasser a loud reason to leave immediately.

I was in Beef Creek Marina years ago and never had a theft problem. Moved to wild wings was broken into 2 times. That's my experience I can offer on the west end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin Jiggy View Post
    I was in Beef Creek Marina years ago and never had a theft problem. Moved to wild wings was broken into 2 times. That's my experience I can offer on the west end of things.
    I am at WW now and specifically asked management about such issues when I got my dock. They stated they have not had any issues....did you report theft? I got the opinion they were downplaying due to their lack of gates and 24-hour on-site security.

Skifish30 yes I did report it is also had police reports done. It was 6+ years ago when this happened. I have been out of Marblehead since with no issues. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries

I am planning on renting a cottage and a slip at turtle point for a night or two. I suppose I will take everything off. Kind of a pain, but better than a morning surprise.

My father in law is at WW. He locks everything up real good. If the spring we take the easy to carry stuff off. They seem to have alot more trouble in the spring, but sometimes there are alot of non marina ppl there fishing the jig. So with that many ppl around, no one knows who's with who and ppl can just walk right on and it does not look odd. Later on when things die down it does not seem to be as much of an issue.