Who's Fishing? Who's Fishing? Who's Fishing? Who's Fishing?

Thread: Who's Fishing?

Default Who's Fishing?

Sunday looking like a good day to fish. Anyone going out? Not sure of fish and ice conditions at the launches, trying to decide on firing range, Huron or somewhere in between!

Went to Fremont on Sunday March 12th. Water temp was still in the 40 degree range, water was not very high but flowing at a good clip. It was very muddy so conditions were very poor. Went to the railroad bridge. There was only one guy out in the water and four or five out on the rock flats out in the middle and about 20-25 guys fishing the shoreline. The wind was very cold out of the NW. Was there for about an hour and did not see a fish caught. With this cold spell this week I don't see things improving much here in March.

I'm actually headed up to port clinton today to check it out I did see portage river was full of ice chuncks on Thursday this past week. I will post what I see later this afternoon. I'm dying to get out but have a feeling will still have to wait a week.

So I'm just leaving Oakharbor portage river in Port Clinton Turtlecreek both plugged up with ice not sure on Catawba if anybody else knows please chime in

Look at Thursdays satellite pick that will give you some guidance. When the mud clears out of the reef complex it will be good around there. Maybe some locals can chime in on that.

We plan on launching tomorrow from Catawba State Park. The launch there is basically on the lake so fingers crossed we'll be able to get out. All the marinas are frozen still from what I've heard. I'll update everyone on the conditions/fishing tomorrow.

Saturday evening magee, fenwick, and wild wings had ice. Catawba was clear. I didn't go out, just had a get together and checked the launches on the way