kicker mount/swim platform kicker mount/swim platform kicker mount/swim platform kicker mount/swim platform

Default kicker mount/swim platform

Any ideas on mounting a kicker on a33' Chris craft coho I need it to raise out of the water so it don't get the crap beat out of it under main engine power boat will not troll alo enough on one main engine not to mention idling an engine for that length would probably not be to good for it. Boat has a swim platform and I Jerry rigged a bracket last year and mounted it to platform made a tiller extension and viola but it was a pain to be right in the middle of deck all the time right in the way. I eventually want to install tr1gold autopilot. Any help would be appreciated. Btw the outboard I have currently is a 9.9 Chrysler short shaft tiller pull start will probably want to upgrade that too p.s. I am not opposed to hacking on swim platform if need be

I have a tr1 gold autopilot on a 19 foot Lund. I use it on a t8 kicker. It works great for that size boat. On your size boat it can have a constant steering issue. The kicker motor does not have enough shaft keel to keep the boat going straight without constant back and forth steering. That's why most bigger boats have a autopilot connected to their main motor. They then connect the kicker to the main motor for steering. They make some connecting bars that you can leave connected even if the kicker is tilted up. The autopilot on the main motor will steer the kicker. That way you have two shafts steering to keep the big boat in line. Most people then put one of the dial throttle controls on the kicker for speed. I think you would need one of the newer fourstroke kickers to use the remote dial throttles.
    Last edited by Snowking; 03-14-2017 at 10:21 PM.

I have a 27' cat with twin I/os I use a 15hp kicker lock it in place and use the I/os to steer. I just put a/p on it so I don't know how it will do I also have a remote for the a/p. The boat had a 8' long swim platform but was cut and a bracket was installed for the kicker.
    Last edited by wajski; 03-15-2017 at 06:54 PM.

What type of a/p did you install? I never thought of trying to steer with rudders while being powered by kicker mine is straight in board twin screw