No Perch.....Steelhead Instead No Perch.....Steelhead Instead No Perch.....Steelhead Instead No Perch.....Steelhead Instead

Default No Perch.....Steelhead Instead

I have been fishing lake Erie for over 30 years and have never seen the changes needed to catch fish like this past summer. The perch bite between Cleveland and Ashtabula (for us) is non existent so we decided to take advantage of a great weather window Saturday and Sunday knowing there would be some steelhead in the area, so off we went.
    Trolling between Arcola and Cowles creek we blasted them in 12 to 14 FOW, Crazy! Running summer color spoons Confusion (Kranx) also some lime and white 2.8 to 3.0 mph with 100 ft leads-3/4oz slider weight in front of 8ft leader.
    This was a fantastic fun fishing trip for all, so bring some light trolling gear and give it a try if your going to be in the area this weekend.

Default No Walleye, No Perch but trout

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFishing View Post
    I have been fishing lake Erie for over 30 years and have never seen the changes needed to catch fish like this past summer. The perch bite between Cleveland and Ashtabula (for us) is non existent so we decided to take advantage of a great weather window Saturday and Sunday knowing there would be some steelhead in the area, so off we went.
    Trolling between Arcola and Cowles creek we blasted them in 12 to 14 FOW, Crazy! Running summer color spoons Confusion (Kranx) also some lime and white 2.8 to 3.0 mph with 100 ft leads-3/4oz slider weight in front of 8ft leader.
    This was a fantastic fun fishing trip for all, so bring some light trolling gear and give it a try if your going to be in the area this weekend.
    Trolled for Steelies off Elk but saw very few caught. Went to the spot out in the first trench where we caught walleye last week. No marks no fish. Saw marks at 50fow on the bottom. Anchored but no perch. Came back in to troll for trout. Saw a lot more being caught at 2pm both from shore and from boats. The trout fishing should get better this next week. I am putting my boat away. Time for archery!