west end report west end report west end report west end report
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: west end report

Default west end report

so after a week of slow fishing the perch has picked up again limits being caught 1 mile or so off potters pond which is west side of meinke west 14 -16 ft of water from the intake to little cedar point to outer light house and around in maumee bay in close as little as 6 ft of water fish were in there last year took a little longer this year i just went by there this morning on my way back from boat we ended up not going pretty windy.boats are in the bay seen a pack in there this morning but boats going out with my bad back and legs i need some calmer water the water has cleaned up a little in there and even had some charters in area which they have been making long runs the last week so 300 in gas to 30 in gas has to make them guys happy hell it makes me happy there in close again hope this helps im going next 2 days hope they are still aggressive boats are starting to come out next few days might be the best weather in a while with a 20 degree drop from Friday to Saturday get em while you can

Went out of Meinke's and fished right off of Rialto rd in about 13 FOW and got our 90. 3 man limit from 10am to 12:45pm. Action was steady as soon as we dropped our lines. VERY WINDY, but they were there. Lines were all over, but maybe the best fishing I have had this year. Avg size with a few 10's. 21 pounds at cleaners.

was out today left dock at 8.30-9 fished till 11.45 3 man limit with lots of doubles mostly 8-9 inch fish few 10 few 7s 15 ft of water off wards with shiners from fishermen s cove 22 pounds at cleaners we sorted trying for them 11-12 inch fish biggest was 10 great weather day 1 more tomorrow then a blow hope they stay in close

Rscotfish fished
    In same area tonite . 3 man limit in 2 hours. Fast and furious, biggest was 11 inches. 22 lbs at cleaners. Amaizingly know farm or junk fish.

went back to same area 4 guys first hour we picked 40 fish being selective with 8 and bigger the bite shut off on us so we moved up to where a few charters were and had stayed there all morning when we got there they moved fished 15 minutes no fish so we moved again with no fish so we moved again back to original numbers in 15 ft of water and we picked at them till 12.30 and we left with 65 fish 14 pounds great day just to get away from all the kids yelling and now im retired but buddy has to let the work thing get in the way of fishing weather was nice to bad they shut off on us

Fished west of intake today. In pack of boats 16 ft , slow, went into 12 ft of water by maumee bay state park lodge, fish were there in number, sorted 21 lbs at cleaners for 3 man tkt. Biggest was 12 1/2 inches. Hope weather holds out for wknd.

sabrinas on rt 2 has emerald shiners got 4 dozen this morning

Sabrinas only charles 3.50 a dzn. Compared to butch and dennys 4.50 a dzn. The other day they were a mix of large and small. Cut into 4s no difference in bite.

whats up with shiners all of sudden we got them after all year are they shipped in or are they getting them from the lake running to fishermens cove was a long run. truck got hit by a female texter saturday she backed out and hit me not even looking i layed on the horn and she kept comming she was sorry and nervous and had insurance waiting on insurance man kids got dentist app limits yesterday afternoon trip intake area. i stayed home today to take care of buisness insurance call new fridge delivered and taking 3 kids to dentist im going all next week to put some nice yellows in the freezer before pulling boat now that im catching some nice fish in close im getting sad and want to stay in pray for a nice indian summer for 2 weeks would be great. its time to stay home and start making more jigs ill report on buddys fishing when they call no luck at sabrinas this morning not open buddy called me at 7.10 this morning sent him to butch and dennys did not know they charged more i get fish cleaned there but buy my bait from sabrina a dollar cheaper and a better scoop
    Last edited by rscotfish; 10-10-2016 at 10:14 AM.

leaving for fishing buddys limited yesterday same spot report when back at home o by the way go indians