4 inch Walleye 4 inch Walleye 4 inch Walleye 4 inch Walleye

Thread: 4 inch Walleye

Default 4 inch Walleye

Caught a 4 (or no bigger than 4.5) inch walleye yesterday while perching. Anyone getting any of those. I figure that small it had to be from this years hatch? Wish I had measured it now, but wanted to get it right back in the water.

Plowed slow from Catawba through the NE 3-4 footers over to hide on backside of green yesterday. Three man limit in 3 hours and didn't put lines down there until probably 10-10:30. At times best up and down bite of the year for me, actually hit the bait and took it. Very consistent grade of 7.5 to 8.5 fish. Few smaller and not many bigger. The 90 fish went 20# at cleaners and dressed 45% for 9# fillets.
    Last edited by LEfriend; 08-30-2016 at 10:43 AM.

I did catch a 4.5 to maybe 6 inch walleye Sunday couple miles past the intake. I would think it was from this year's hatch.
    Thanks Matt

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

I also caught a 4 incher sat while perch fishing......when will the results of the August trawls come out

I caught quite a few 5 to 6 inch walleyes bass fishing (casting plugs) around Kelleys during vacation. Also caught a 6 incher on a Bandit trolling out front. Not much longer than the plug. Caught a 7 inch one perching last Saturday SE of Kelleys. Looks good for next year!

This summers 14 inch fish are fish from the 2014 hatch the 12 to 12 inch fish are from the 2015 hatch the small ones you are talking about should be from this years hatch. It is great sign of things to come