Chunks! Chunks! Chunks! Chunks!

Thread: Chunks!

Default Chunks!

Looking for a little help!, I have never fished Eire in the fall an was trying to find out when would be a good time to try for Ohio fish. October,November?, Hate to give up my archery hunting but love those Ohio fish,any info,would be greatly appreciated

Frank,

I assume that you mean "Fish Ohio" which are the trophy's over 28".... Right now you can still catch them in the Central Basin. Skipper 9 is silent in here right now because he is over in Ashtabulla, OH catching them! They go East into the deeper cooler water.

So... If you want to go now, and are going to charter, give him or one of his guys a call. Eyehunter Charters. http://www.eyehuntercharters.com/ or see what they are up to on their Facebook page Eyehunter Charter's Facebook

Here is a Fish Ohio that they caught today, and a cooler with 3 Fish Ohio from August 8th this year.

If you are wanting to stay near the Islands, to answer your question is a bit tricky. However, the best answer that I can give you is that they come back to the Western Basin when the water temps cool down and go below 65 degrees... maybe a bit warmer, but that is a safe temp. So that depends on how hot August is, and how cool September is....

-Matt

Chunks!-cooler-aug-8-jpgChunks!-fish-ohio-jpg

Yes fish Ohio, thanks for your input, I was referring to the islands area,I have my own boat and did very well over the 4th of July weekend, but was trying to track down a month to put on the calendar,so would the middle of October be a pretty safe bet, I will monitor the water temps, thanks! Looking to troll cranks