Ooops Ooops Ooops Ooops

Thread: Ooops

Default Ooops

Yesterday morning cut my butterflied perch from the cleaners apart and trimmed them up at the missus's kitchen sink. As I do that I trim a narrow 1/8 to1/4 inch wide, one inch long strip of the white belly meat that I would normally throw away and use it for cut bait when shiners are hard to get or out of minnows. Works great. 18 perch give you 36 nice little "minnows"

I put them in a tall green pill bottle, threw a little salt in, and a bit of water. I then freeze these and take them in my cooler for a little backup if needed. In any case, this evening I was standing there and looked at the sink where I saw two green pill bottles. Hmm, I thought. One is my arthritis medicine, what is the other? You guessed! Darn rank too! (Didn't help our power was out 5 hours last evening and house heated up!) Thank the Lord I found them first!

That's a great idea, although it's a bummer you left them out! It's sure sounds a lot easier than doing it on the boat then throwing the fish in the box to have their bellies break loose on the ride back to the dock. If I ever give up on the walleye I'll have to keep the idea in mind. Thanls
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker