North of the border steelhead North of the border steelhead North of the border steelhead North of the border steelhead

Default North of the border steelhead

Headed up to Wheatley tomorrow morning for 2 days. Anybody been there or Erieau in the past few days? I'm looking for a starting point. Plan on posting a report when we get back. Thanks in advance.

No info but I'm jealous! Been reading about the steelhead fishing up there, looks fun!

I've not been there but have 2 reports of some nice steelies caught there last weekend from some friends. Should make for a good time!

Made it up Friday with the intention of fishing Friday/Saturday but Mother Nature decided otherwise. For the 90 minutes we had lines in the water prior to a storm chasing us off it was non stop action. We were only 4.5-5 miles out in the 01-02 N/ 23-24 W area. No thermocline visible but a buddy with a Fish Hawk said there was 51 degree water at 30'-31' so we ran 3 setting dipseys no O-rings at 105-110 and riggers 32-37. Jerry Lee was the best spoon and a gold backed Steelie Stomper was also good. I am hoping to get back next week.

This is what I wait for all year long. I have already made 2 trips over this season and hope to run over again this Tues and Wed. I have hooked nearly 60 steelies already this year and hope to have a trip like last year where I hooked 52 by 11am. Let me k ow if I can be of any guidance.

where are you fishing out of spoontang? what do'se a steelie stomper look like? I would love to get on that bite!

Steelies stomper is orange with a piece of orange and silver reflective tape that runs diagonal. I run out of Oak Harbor.