Saturday 6.25  lots of action Saturday 6.25  lots of action Saturday 6.25  lots of action Saturday 6.25  lots of action

Default Saturday 6.25 lots of action

We made the trip over from port clinton to vermillion trying to find a better grade of walleye. Left the river about 7 ran across great mark about a mile out of the breakwall. Set up with spoons and harness and started quickly pulling lots of shorts, even though the garmin was showing a decent amount of larger marks mixed in.

After an hour we moved farther out to ne, mostly trash, still no keeper, moved again farther ne to the edge of the sand bar, did pick 2 keepers there but very slow, was actually the first time we got all 4 poles in the water. Finally at 11 we moved back to our starting area to take our chances shorting shorts. At least we were getting eyes there.

Ended the day with limit, must had tossed back 10 to 15 shorts per keeper.

If you wanted rod action for the kids it would be great. Most of the time by the time you got to depth you had a fish on before clipping board to line.

By the end if the day spoons slowed down and we were all meat, gold, pink, dark green, I think everything and anything would had worked. Fish were 32 to 40 feet down. We ran 40 tt 75 to 105 back, and mini dipseys 120 to 160 back at 2.0.

Had a great day on the water minus the flies and tiny mayflies everywhere, at one point the breeze did pick up and give some relief from them, did not find the grade of fish we wanted. we went about 10 miles at one point, but a great day, and very happy to see the large number of younger walleye. With all the 14 inch and 7 inch fish we got in a couple years walleye fishing will be fabulous.

Water was so blue and clear could easily see 10 plus feet down

I just hope ppl will towards the end of the year as these 14 inch fish cross over to legal size let most of the 15" and 16" fish go so they will have their fish chance to spawn. Be a shame to not, same as keeping a female full of eggs. But legal is legal. We have not seen this many shorts in a long time, with help from us these large spawning classes could the chance to have an even better spawn than we saw the last couple years, fingers crossed.

Good luck to all and thanks to all the share and post info on here to help others out
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 06-28-2016 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Typos

Sounds like a fun day on the water! It seems like everyone is catching a ton of short eyes so hopefully the fishing in the years to come will be awesome. I agree with letting the 15 and 16 inch fish go so they have a chance to spawn next year. I really hope others do the same.

Thanks for posting your report.
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Roy thanks for the info before I came over. I have fished the bouy area before just did not feel it was the wisest choice to go 17 mins out in my 19ft er with short sides. I know the forcast was great but I know how the lake kicks up