15 inch fish 15 inch fish 15 inch fish 15 inch fish
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 inch fish

Default 15 inch fish

How many of you are actually catching eyes that are in that 15-15.5 inch range ??? Just wondering as I didn't think they would be keeper size this early.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

Caught more 12 to 14.9 fish this year than the last five years combined!

Same here. Have not caught any in the 15-15.5 inch fish though. Some say they are catching a bunch of keepers in that size.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners

i caught one on saturday and like 25 in the 14.5 range ...then a limit of 6-10 inchers

I took my son in law fishing this weekend and we fished most of the day Saturday and from daylight until noon Sunday. We caught 89 walleye casting mayfly rigs with 7 keepers from 17"-23" along with 10 nice yellow perch. We probably caught 45-50 walleye in the 13"- 15" range with probably 5 falling in the 15"-15-1/2" range which we didn't keep. We fished around G can and just north of Niagara. Both days most of the fish were caught before noon. What an awesome weekend the lake provided again. We also got checked by the game commission both days who told us they ticketed 14 people on Saturday for undersize fish!!

I heard of one boat getting an $80 fine for a fish 14 7/8". Make sure you allow for shrinkage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
    I heard of one boat getting an $80 fine for a fish 14 7/8". Make sure you allow for shrinkage.
    Yup unless you are desperate best to be safe with a 15.25 to 15.5 min for boat size. Those 14 inches are definitely fattening up about a month ago you could tell really easily they where 14 inchers just by how skinny they where, now not so much. They should be starting to cross over the 15 inch line now but we still catch way more under then the few that are at that keeper size. I imagine in less then a month we will slide over that 50/50 split where they are about half over and half under and it should get better from there on. Then we will start complaining about all the 10 inchers we will start catching.

I don't know if those fish are getting bigger quicker in other parts of the lake, my experience for now is mainly the west end, but reports of these small fish seem to be everywhere even bula.

Next year should be way more frustrating then even this year, we will just need to grin and bear it. Imagine what you are seeing this year and multiply that by about 5 and that is going to be the amount of 14 inchers we are going to have to wade through to get to the keepers. 2 years from now and the next couple years after that should be amazing if you are just after limits of keepers, heck I may even start casting a little cough cough.....

i am willing to bet good money that we won't see the eyehunters casting in the near or distant future...lol but if they did I'd love to learn from them as I am sure they know all the tricks there too. thank you to jim and erik and everyone else for all the help figuring out the trolling game. followed the blue boat into the marina yesterday.

We caught a few 15" fish this season.We throw almost all that are under 17' back.Not enough meat in those size fish.Like a big perch.

Saturday, 9 keepers 16" - 24" with 23 shorts, worst was 4 weeks ago, 12 keepers with 67!! shorts. Was fun at first but just HAD to move
    to get away from them that day. Had 3 or so in the barely legal 15" range.