Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16 Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16 Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16 Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16

Default Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16

Jeremy is a regular customer, who usually fishes with his Dad, but today he brought his wife along instead, so she could catch her first walleye...ever

I met them at Mazurik's ramp at 5:15, and we were setting up on Scott Point Shoal by 5:30 am. (I just want to send a big shout out to Capt Kevin Swarts, who kindly launched us this morning, to minimize our time at the ramp. Thanks Kevin!)

We set up with yesterday's program of Bandits run 45-65 back behind Off Shore planer boards....speed was determined to be the same as yesterday too, at 1.9-2.0mph. Colors were Khaki, Blue/Chrome, Green Clown, and Fire Tiger. All colors took fish this morning. Walleye size ranged from 18" to 28 1/2 inches, with one or two throw backs, for being under 15 inches.

We had 11 walleye in that roomy Ranger live well by 9am, but the bite seemed to die off, so we changed spots, and continued a troll past our last turn around and kept on trolling over to Starve Island area. The Humminbird marked a ton of fish over there, with some really big marks, but all we could bring up were really big sheepshead.

After one piggy sheep sunk a board so bad, that I thought it was a snag...we reeled everything up to go chase down that board, only to find that there was a massive barn yard critter attached to it. Ugh..on the bright side...at least I got all the gear back.

We decided to move on over to the NW corner of Kelly's to try for some new fish there, and found a bunch of good looking walleye like marks on the sonar, so we set up a little deeper this time. We were trolling in 29-30' of water, so we set the Bandits out at 65, 75, and 30/30 with a 2oz snap weight. The 30/30 set up took a couple of fish, as did one at 65 and one at 75. Erika was reeling in a huge fish at one point, but it broke off and took my Blue/Chrome Bandit with it back to the blue/green depths.....deep sigh...sniff-sniff (sad face). She asked, "Was it something I did?" Jeremy and I said in unison, "No! It happens"....we laughed.

We ended the day with 15 nice eaters and one "Fish Ohio". Erika was thrilled with the experience, so Jeremy is looking forward to getting her out on their new boat....the one you might remember from a previous blog (or, maybe it was a Facebook posting) about his new to him 2003 Pro Line that I helped him set up for trolling a few weeks back.

They had a great time, as did I, and Jeremy and his Dad will be back to fish next Friday, and might bring Erika back with them, so that makes me happy.

Tomorrow's trip with with another regular customer, who normally fishes with his Brother (Tim and Matt McGlothlin), but his brother can't make this weekend, due to work circumstances that couldn't be put on the back burner. So, Matt will be fishing with me and another customer tomorrow. The weather looks like it's going to be nice all weekend, so hopefully, the bite will just keep getting better and better. All those traditional areas should start lighting up, if they haven't already.

It's going to be a busy weekend, so if you don't hear from me, that's why!

Have a great Holiday, and please practice safe boating and patience. It's going to be a crowded lake this weekend. Follow the "rules of the road", and there shouldn't be any issues. Help each other out...there's enough fish and plenty of room for all of us out there. Good luck! Be safe!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16-jeremy-erika-chapman-5_26_16img_6285-jpg Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16-jeremy-erika-chapman-5_26_16img_6288-jpg Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16-jeremy-erika-chapman-5_26_16img_6291-jpg Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16-jeremy-erika-chapman-5_26_16img_6294-jpg Fishing with Jeremy and Erika Chapman 5/26/16-jeremy-erika-chapman-5_26_16img_6295-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks Capt. Juls.

You give great info and your post fun to read.

The picture of Jeremy with the farm animal was awesome!

Drifter