I am a hardcore walleye fisherman on Lake Erie, but i never troll and always drift. I don't have the kind of money to put into planner boards or dipsy divers or whatever they call them things. But this year, i thought i might try something different. Im posting this email because i want some input from experienced trollers of my idea. Question 1-On a choppy day and in relatively shallow water(up to 20 ft), would it we a waste of time casting out(drifting) and letting out a bunch of line with a diver on the end such as a ReefRunnerDeepLittleRipper, RapalaHuskyJerk, or a Hot-n-tot? I mean, turn the boat so it's drifting sideways, put 3 rods out with divers on, let ton's of line out, be in 12-15 ft of water, be fishing on a choppy day(2-6footers)and drift away. Another thing, in April when the jigging is hot and we are fishing in 9 or 10 ft of water, would it be dumb to cast and retreive a diver then? Please give me some ideas and tactics to effectively use artificials, especially my favorite one's (ReefRunnerDeepLittleRipper), or any suggestions on how to catch walleye on these lures without buying anything special. Thanks, Aaron