Report posted 1/23/08 Report posted 1/23/08 Report posted 1/23/08 Report posted 1/23/08
    Blog Entries

Default Report posted 1/23/08

Date Fished: april
    Water Conditions: will be cold
    Posted By: "wapatti1" [email protected]
    1/23/2008 7:32:09 PM Report ID: 21446

Report: I am not a fisherman of the Port Clinton area,so just look at the archives from last year. That is a great area from reports.If you cannot find fish in that area, which I would be supprised, head your boat to the west, toward maumee bay. The whole area is a staging area as to when the walleye shoot up the maumee to spawn. They will be in shallow water, look for the boats. The walleye fishing in the maumee bay is outrageous when they stage here,I think only about 10 pct get up river, most hang in the shallows in the whole bay area as well as the western shores. I used to fish only the maumee, not anymore, jig off the bottom. Keep only your limit, good luck.

rbordeau Guest

Default coming to lake erie

i live near albany,ny and will be coming to lake erie for the first time.i will be staying for several weeks on my boat.i would like more info where to fish as well as going to the other lakes by boat.do i need to buy a bunch of different licenses for the other lakes.any info will be great. thank you.you can email me at [email protected]. thanx again

erieangler Guest

It sort of depends on what time of year you come. april, may, and june are the hot times for shallow water fishing on the far western side. As the temperature rises in summer, the fish tend to move to deeper water to the east, near the islands.

Rod Bender Guest

April - Pre-Spawn, Spawn, Post Spawn Eyes, Reef Complex west of the Islands, 2nd or 3rd week of April, depends on water temp.
    May - Head west of Reef Complex, Crane Creek, Camp Perry Fire Range Areas June & July - Tri-Angle area, Between West Sister, Turn-Around bouy and Middle Sister. Good Luck;

Default fishing walnut creek part of lake

hi i am new to fishing lake erie when is the best time to start fishing the walnut creek end of the lake ? and what depth would be best to start at ? i went on a charter last year in july on the seawolf how much soon then that would you start fishing that end ? we where in about 30 to 38 i think and where we where getting the eye there was a place where the depth came up quick.does any one jig for the eyes out there?