View RSS Feed

BostonWhaler33

Western Basin Michigan water

Rate this Entry
I'm a college kid who plays basketball at Northwood and am from Novi. I'm new to fishing Erie and I'm trying to get the hang of it. My dad doesn't know much about fishing but always goes with me and he is new to erie also. We are tired of driving down there and getting skunked so any help I get get from anyone would be much appreciated.
Last year in August I bought a 2004 17ft Boston Whaler with a 90 Mercury on the back. I went out a few times last year for perch with my dad and I couldn't get the hang of it(Dumping Grounds). We didnt catch more than 10 the two or three times we went out, we just struggled. Over the winter I installed a gps/fishfinder, bought two basic yellow planner boards, drift sock, reef runners, spoons, and dipsey divers. Now I'm trying to put everything together and be productive to catch fish. We usually go out of Bolles Harbor. The first time we went down for walleye this year we fished between Turtle Island and the light house using blade baits and jigs with minnows. No luck on the jigs but we got 3 24''s on a perch colored blade bait. I realize that the jig bite is coming to an end, whats next for both perch and walleye in Michigan waters?

I'd really appreciate any help I can receive about whats coming up next and what to use. Thanks!!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments