how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 86 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wrestling Coach View Post
    Crystalina, Black/Purple or Blue

Walker divers large. Set 120 back on #3. I remove the front hook and attach 1/3 of a nightcrawler to the rear hook.
    thanks for the extra info. hope to get out there before the end of the month.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishon51 View Post
    Fished today 7-3:30 Boxed 9 landed 11 dropped 5. 62-65 FOW SP NW. 5,7 and 8 color, also dipsy's @130. used both WH and stickbaits. Tried out church's TX22 board with the double action flag today, I set the flag to pop up on strike, had a little trouble using them at first till I adjusted the spring tension, then they worked great. Overall I'd say I like them a lot. much easier reading strikes than the walleye boards I've been using.
    Nice day on the water. A lot of boats out there today. Boxed 4 lost 3 and something really big that my buddy saw jump out of the water but I didn't see it. All on harnesses. 62 fow. Nuc green, Nuc raspberry, and rainbow were the producers. Had a lot of short strike misses. Also none of the fish popped the dipsys or riggers. Even the 7lb just nipped the last hook and went along for the swim. And I had all my releases set light. I should have tied stingers to the wh and not ran everything with snubbers but oh well. Wish I could have saw what the big fish was. It popped the dipsy at 53ft went straight up and threw the harness at the surface. Brown trout maybe? Friend said it was way to big to be a bass and said it was carp sized. Dipsys ran 150ft back. Riggers ran 58ft down 130 back
    Last edited by copo427ss; 07-21-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Add

Post Thanks / Like

Other than temp being warm copo my guess mr steelhead came to play to bad it came off would've been a great fight if it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Nice day on the water. A lot of boats out there today. Boxed 4 lost 3 and something really big that my buddy saw jump out of the water but I didn't see it. All on harnesses. 62 fow. Nuc green, Nuc raspberry, and rainbow were the producers. Had a lot of short strike misses. Also none of the fish popped the dipsys or riggers. Even the 7lb just nipped the last hook and went along for the swim. And I had all my releases set light. I should have tied stingers to the wh and not ran everything with snubbers but oh well. Wish I could have saw what the big fish was. It popped the dipsy at 53ft went straight up and threw the harness at the surface. Brown trout maybe? Friend said it was way to big to be a bass and said it was carp sized. Dipsys ran 150ft back. Riggers ran 58ft down 130 back
    Heard someone on the radio near us say they caught a 26" sheepshead - maybe? Water was pretty warm for steel head.

Post Thanks / Like

I would say steelie also. I never had a sheepshead jump, but I have had a few walleyes jump over the years mostly in cold waters. I'll be out there sunday out of sbh till around noon or so. Call on 68. Good luck everyone.
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultim...28741153979264
    Ultimate Adventure SportFishing
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimate-Ad...e-Sportfishing
    31 FT Tiara Open Hard Top
    2012 AmaraCan Walleye Champions
    ProStaffer:
    Bay Rat Lures
    http://www.bayratlures.com/
    Torpedo Divers
    http://torpedodivers.com
    Traxstech
    http://www.traxstech.com
    Kishel's Scents
    http://kishelscents.com
    Grizzly Coolers
    https://www.grizzlycoolers.com/

Post Thanks / Like

I'm leaning towards steelie myself. I've never had a sheepshead jump either.
    But up at my grandparents cottage in the 1000 islands Jigging for eyes I caught a 33 inch sheepshead. 40 min fight, and never knew what it was until the end. Never saw one that big before. Everyone stopped fishing and drove over to watch. We figured it was around 20lbs. People took a bunch of pictures. Lol.
    Isn't the thermocline setting up at around 60fow?
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...Y3eZBevctBuzQA
    Mine was just about like this!
    Last edited by copo427ss; 07-22-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Addon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishin fishin View Post
    I've learned so much from you all but, am curious do you guys engage in other types of fishing...sm. & lrg. bass, crappie, etc.
    I used to do a lot of fishing before I got married and up until kids were born, and lots of hunting, more hunting than fishing. Grew up in wny and never fished erie once until a few years ago when I realized that I really ought to try fishing in this lake I keep reading about! I used to carry around a collapsable pole in my car and fish whenever I could. I remember catching these brown trout in a stream near washington dc that you wouldn't expect to hold fish. I fished far carp at ub when I took classes there, right on the spaulding dorm area lakes, they were fun, caught them on nightcrawlers. One of my favorite places that I caught fish was up in homer, alaska, and my wife and I went halibut fishing on a charter boat that was lots of fun, but a lot of work. 2 lb weight, big hook and 200 feet down on the bottom just like perch fishing. The biggest halibut we caught that day was over 100 lbs. Once they get over 60 lbs they actually shoot them before bringing them in the boat so the flipping wouldn't hurt anything. Nobody knew this and somebody brought in the first decent fish like that, and the first mate pulls out this rusty old .410 shotgun, I think we all thought at the same time he was going to shoot us and dump the bodies LOL. It was hard work though to reel up that 200 feet just to check your bait, arms get tired from all the reeling. It felt like you were bringing up a concrete block when a decent fish was on.

Also we went to yellowstone park, hiked a 5 mile one way trail in a bear infested area (warning signs at trailhead), but ended up catching artic greyling, that was neat. Not real big but plenty of them, on spinners.

That collapsible pole came in pretty handy sometimes when on a golf course, throw a cast or 2 if you could sneak one in, sometimes those bass got big.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile found some last night

I fish mostly Erie, so will chase steelies in the tribs from Fall to Spring. Then it’s smallies in the tribs and from shore before getting the boat out. I will also cast for largemouths anytime I am around a pond!

In terms of walleyes, I did manage to get out last night for the first time in about a month, so finally have something to report. Boated 3 and lost 2 along the eastern end of Seneca Shoal, bottom bouncing crawler harnesses off 3-ways. As is often the case for me, if I get fish it’s typically on a small chartreuse pattern with silver blades, and that was the case last night. The copper/ watermelon harness got the two fish which I lost (one which hit while I had cut the trolling motor to bring in the other fish, so there must have been enough drift without it)! Too bad it cut the line on the way up… Sure felt like a walleye versus the head-shaking of a sheephead. The boated fish probably ranged from 2-4 pounds each

All the ‘eyes hit between 8:15 and 9:15. I have read elsewhere that a half hour before and after dusk is often a prime feeding time, and that has generally been the case for me most times.

It took a little while to get out to the shoal with the 1+ footers, but heading back with the waves was much easier. There were a few other boats up past the shoal, where I started, but where I found the fish there wasn’t anyone else around. The shoal was also crawling with bait- I didn’t mark any big fish but could certainly see what was attracting them. For a relative newcomer like me, it was a great night to be out and to be able to get into multiple fish!

I was hoping to try and get out tonight, but looking at the forecast as well as the buoy conditions it’s probably not going to happen. Good luck to anyone else who may be heading out…

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NateD View Post
    I fish mostly Erie, so will chase steelies in the tribs from Fall to Spring. Then it’s smallies in the tribs and from shore before getting the boat out. I will also cast for largemouths anytime I am around a pond!

In terms of walleyes, I did manage to get out last night for the first time in about a month, so finally have something to report. Boated 3 and lost 2 along the eastern end of Seneca Shoal, bottom bouncing crawler harnesses off 3-ways. As is often the case for me, if I get fish it’s typically on a small chartreuse pattern with silver blades, and that was the case last night. The copper/ watermelon harness got the two fish which I lost (one which hit while I had cut the trolling motor to bring in the other fish, so there must have been enough drift without it)! Too bad it cut the line on the way up… Sure felt like a walleye versus the head-shaking of a sheephead. The boated fish probably ranged from 2-4 pounds each

All the ‘eyes hit between 8:15 and 9:15. I have read elsewhere that a half hour before and after dusk is often a prime feeding time, and that has generally been the case for me most times.

It took a little while to get out to the shoal with the 1+ footers, but heading back with the waves was much easier. There were a few other boats up past the shoal, where I started, but where I found the fish there wasn’t anyone else around. The shoal was also crawling with bait- I didn’t mark any big fish but could certainly see what was attracting them. For a relative newcomer like me, it was a great night to be out and to be able to get into multiple fish!

I was hoping to try and get out tonight, but looking at the forecast as well as the buoy conditions it’s probably not going to happen. Good luck to anyone else who may be heading out…
    what fow were you fishing in

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that... they hit on the transition from 35 up to 30. I think it may have gotten as shallow us the upper 20s before I hit the other side, but mainly was in the low 30s.